GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
He has the old 166x software where wireless AA was deactivated from VW because there were software issues. Even trying to activate it via coding it would still not work. With the 91DR service recall which will be done on satel's Golf 8 he will have the newer 1899 software with wireless AA activated and working.

Shortly

Even though I use AA wirelessly I still plug my phone in (via an adaptor plugged into the 12v cigarette lighter socket) for power. The wireless charger isn't up to much and can't keep up with the power requirements for the phone using Google Maps.

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
It is available in UK I had my dealer update to it after a new steering wheel and getting various errors after

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Ok thanks. Shame there is no OTA update!
There will be at some point, but some will have it installed earlier at the dealership if they have a specific issue which the update may help address.

BlackShadow250

Hi All,

What is the latest version of 2 knobs multimedia?

Thanks and Regards.
The newest software should be 1776 for the Infotainment "Composition" (with knobs)

Attachments

• composition.jpg
    composition.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 283

boskogandor

Just got a golf 8 and it's not recognizing the android auto on my samsung s20fe. Any ideas what I should check? I saw someone recommended I get a shorter cable, that's the next thing I'll try.

Edit: Fixed it, tried several different cables and an old one without fast charging worked!

Last edited:

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
Too bad with the 1941 SW vw dont fix the AA day/night mode. Stil with my S22 the automatisch switch day/night mode dont work, shame on you VW