GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure how VW do the software version check or how they manage it. If the Infotainment does the check then you won't get an update. If the server asks the version number from the infotainment then you won't get an update. If they only check on a database which contains the last known version then you probably would get the update. Could the voice command/Navigation not be a SWAP error. Could the SWAP Code be disabled or missing and that's why they are not working? If you had this problem before you did the update then they should have to resolve it if you are still in warranty. Actually you had the 91CU or 91DR recall done which caused the problem so still they should sort it out.
Hey Massimo, you are the soul of this forum... Thanks... Could you please elaborate on this? I went to the workshop the other day and without checking the car, they insist that whatever was to be done, has already been done. They are bored with me and the golf 8 situation...

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the heads up. Popped up for me now, just downloading.
Mine has installed now. Went smoothly.
To be honest 1899 had fixed nearly all my issues. Only problem was intermittent crashing and rebooting that was not common but just frequent enough to be annnoying. Early days but hopefully this will fix that.

OJT23

Mine has installed now. Went smoothly.
To be honest 1899 had fixed nearly all my issues. Only problem was intermittent crashing and rebooting that was not common but just frequent enough to be annnoying. Early days but hopefully this will fix that.
Glad to hear everything went smoothly. All good this end too.

I wonder what’s next? Or is 1941 the final update?

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
I
Glad to hear everything went smoothly. All good this end too.

I wonder what’s next? Or is 1941 the final update?
I guess with 8.5 near and the hardware being 3 years old they will probably restrict to major bug fixes only?
I don’t know if there are any other versions in the works?

TJ91

Does anyone know if 1941 is compatible with all versions of the mk 8? And would I need to go to a dealer to upgrade from 1788? Thanks.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know if 1941 is compatible with all versions of the mk 8? And would I need to go to a dealer to upgrade from 1788? Thanks.

I bought my car in October 2020 (first batch of GTEs in the country) and I now have 1941 with all the associated issues. Please read my recent thread on software updates.

GeorgW

Last weekend software version 1941 was installed on my Golf VIII station wagon built 8/21. It was installed OTA!!!! I cannot report any improvements yet since I didn't have time to test it.
About a month ago the software was upgraded from 1896 to 1899 by the dealer workshop during a routine service.

Steve WH

My MK8 Golf GTI had the 1941 software installed over the weekend OTA,took over an hour to download and install,hopefully this will cure the occasional rebooting ,it’s booked in tomorrow Tuesday 21st Nov to have the replacement engine cover fitted and look at the rebooting problem but this might not now be required if the 1941 software upgrade has sorted it out,has anyone who has had the latest 1941 software installed had any more problems with the infotainments system rebooting .

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
My MK8 Golf GTI had the 1941 software installed over the weekend OTA,took over an hour to download and install,hopefully this will cure the occasional rebooting ,it’s booked in tomorrow Tuesday 21st Nov to have the replacement engine cover fitted and look at the rebooting problem but this might not now be required if the 1941 software upgrade has sorted it out,has anyone who has had the latest 1941 software installed had any more problems with the infotainments system rebooting .
A bit too early to say but touch wood not rebooted yet since the upgrade from 1899

subby26

Hello. I'm in the UK and have a 2021 GTD which has just had the steering wheel replaced after lots of Travel Assist errors. No Travel Assist bongs so far but I do still have some issues. The headlights Travel Mode which can be adjusted for Right or Left Hand Traffic is stuck on Right Hand Traffic. I can change it to Left but eveytime I get back in it's on Right Hand. Also, when in Right Hand the car won't overtake using ACC as I assume as it thinks its on the other side of the road. When I set to Left Hand it will overtake as expected but still very occasionally sees a car on the left and slows down. I have to set to Left Hand Traffic everytime I get in. The infotainment system is also very slow to respond when the car is started. Also, the passenger side heated seat will turn on and off when someone is sat in it. It's booked to go back to the dealers on 1st Dec.
This is the software it has, currently 1803. Can anyone advise what it should be on or what I should ask for. Thanks

Attachments

• vw.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Massimo, you are the soul of this forum... Thanks... Could you please elaborate on this? I went to the workshop the other day and without checking the car, they insist that whatever was to be done, has already been done. They are bored with me and the golf 8 situation...

Hi Mageor. So the navigation, dynamic road sign display, online voice control, app-connect, ACC, light assist, mood lightning and dynamic background lightning are upgrade functions for the Golf 8 and are available, depending on equipment installed, in the Shop. These are activated via Swap (Licence codes) that are sent from VW servers to the car once you buy the upgrade in the shop. In other cases these upgrades are already installed from factory so the Swap codes are installed. So my thinking is the problem with your car is either the licence code are missing or there is some problem with the licensing mechanism. The problem was caused when they updated the software/firmware to 1896 where they performed a mib 3 function/licence clearing and restoring. Does your app-connect work? If it does then I find it strange that your problem is hardware based. Do you have the 91CU recall paper at hand. There should be a set of numbers which explains what work was carried out in the recall.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hello. I'm in the UK and have a 2021 GTD which has just had the steering wheel replaced after lots of Travel Assist errors. No Travel Assist bongs so far but I do still have some issues. The headlights Travel Mode which can be adjusted for Right or Left Hand Traffic is stuck on Right Hand Traffic. I can change it to Left but eveytime I get back in it's on Right Hand. Also, when in Right Hand the car won't overtake using ACC as I assume as it thinks its on the other side of the road. When I set to Left Hand it will overtake as expected but still very occasionally sees a car on the left and slows down. I have to set to Left Hand Traffic everytime I get in. The infotainment system is also very slow to respond when the car is started. Also, the passenger side heated seat will turn on and off when someone is sat in it. It's booked to go back to the dealers on 1st Dec.
This is the software it has, currently 1803. Can anyone advise what it should be on or what I should ask for. Thanks
Do you have the privacy set to high? I don't see the globe on your infotainment system. You could have a software update via OTA to 1896 or 1941. Try checking at this website with your vin and see if you have any recalls/service campaigns:
https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/locals/owners-service/service-campaigns-recalls