GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I tend to avoid factory resets like the plague. It takes ages to set everything back to where I like it. Sometimes though, needs must.

yaesuft950

When I got 1890, I have to did factory reset.
Then repair 2 keys to get primary user work again.
The We Connect people rang me later yesterday afternoon to say the problem was at their end and that there was an "outage" and to try logging back into my car today. As yet, i have had no success but they did send me through instructions similar to the handbook to use the 2 key method.

boltzy

Just had mine updated from 1668 to 1896. Had to set everything up again however it seems far more responsive.

Interestingly, the device number has changed from a B to G at the end…
Excuse my ignorance but was that an OTA update you did yourself, or did you take into VW?

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Excuse my ignorance but was that an OTA update you did yourself, or did you take into VW?

Sadly, unlike Tesla, VW don’t do over the air software updates. You have to go to the dealer where they reluctantly have to plug the car in for several hours taking up space in their workshop.

With Tesla you can wake up one morning and find your car has more power or better range or other improvements. VW missed a trick.

Pep2272

I have just had a new steering wheel and upgrade to 1896. I also couldn't get primary user to work, checked the app was working correctly, password etc. After about 5 attempts over 2 days it just suddenly accepted it and all is good. One issue I had was my phone would have to be paired 4 out of 5 times, now it pairs and remembered the phone every time.

Nicholascanada

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know if this is older or newer hardware version?

Software Golf R mine.jpeg

Nicholascanada

Passed Driver's Ed
OK that matches up then. Appears new hardware H58 rolled out for sure on March production line, as most April deliveries have the new unit.