GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

m3iss3li

I have OUF1 done but no 1899 OTA as of yet - will keep you posted if I receive one. I did schedule in a warranty service for Jan due to infotainment issues amongst others (jerky downshift, missing navigation in cockpit, hillhold not working etc.).

m3iss3li

Did OUF1 do anything to yours at all for the gearbox?

Not sure, did not own the car back then. But it has been carried out some time ago already. The 1896 update seem to have had the negative impact on DSG behaviour for me.

LiamApex

Not sure, did not own the car back then. But it has been carried out some time ago already. The 1896 update seem to have had the negative impact on DSG behaviour for me.
1896 deffo had a bad impact on mine. apparently, there's an update currently circulating?

m3iss3li

1896 deffo had a bad impact on mine. apparently, there's an update currently circulating?
Not sure if 1899 will make this better - hopefully. Some has got the update already, most have not. Hopefully I'll get it OTA before my service visit in the beginning of Jan.

LiamApex

Not sure if 1899 will make this better - hopefully. Some has got the update already, most have not. Hopefully I'll get it OTA before my service visit in the beginning of Jan.
i took mine in today with 1896 it did it all the way there, i parked up, went in, the tech went on a test with me, and it wouldn't do it once, felt different. I'm wondering if it did the update in the background whilst i was inside... il find out tonight i guess. really hoping 1899 has the solution

m3iss3li

i took mine in today with 1896 it did it all the way there, i parked up, went in, the tech went on a test with me, and it wouldn't do it once, felt different. I'm wondering if it did the update in the background whilst i was inside... il find out tonight i guess. really hoping 1899 has the solution

That is just…. wow :D I need to drive my car close to a shop as well so that it gets scared, lmao.

Reactions: tos

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
When I went to the service with the same issue, on the test drive it didn't do it either. Went home afterwards and it did it every time I had to slow down.

LiamApex

update... they've rang me last night and asked to keep it longer as they have found something now.. so looks like they've replicated.. lets hope they update it..

Reactions: tos

DaveA

For those reporting jerking downshift, have you tried resetting the DSG? I've had my Style 150 DSG for 11 months and it's still on 1890 but when I've noticed a jerk mainly when going from 3>2, I do a reset and all seems fine. I've only had to reset twice since I got the car. Apologies if this has been suggested previously.

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
For those reporting jerking downshift, have you tried resetting the DSG? I've had my Style 150 DSG for 11 months and it's still on 1890 but when I've noticed a jerk mainly when going from 3>2, I do a reset and all seems fine. I've only had to reset twice since I got the car. Apologies if this has been suggested previously.
And how do you reset the DSG?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The above reset process is placebo BS, the only way to reset the DSG is to do an adaptation reset using VCDS/OBD11, or the factory scan tool, this has to be done with the gearbox oil up to temperature and with the engine running at idle, the brake pedal must be depressed throughout the procedure and there must not be any throttle input until after completion, while the process takes place you can hear the clutch plates engaging and disengaging repeatedly, the box then ‘learns’ your driving style and recalibrates shift points, this is carried out over the next few miles of driving.
There is a RossTech wiki page listing the instructions for this on their website.

Manicmillions

Well my car is still in the garage trying to get the navigation 'please wait' and acc kph/mph issues resolved post-1899. No luck so far. Now they're ordering a new 'infotainment component', not sure what that means exactly or if they're just picking things randomly and hoping it works! Getting a bit nervous that this may take a while...

My advice is if you're on 1668, stick with it!