GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

clubsport452021

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Unfortunately, there‘s always a risk when making changes and performing unofficial updates like this that they may not work. I’ve read on various forums (maybe on this forum as well), that software updates don’t always work correctly even when the dealer applies the update. However, if a dealer update goes wrong, then at least it’s then for the dealer to find a solution with assistance from VW’s tech team.

If it is possible to reinstall the previous software version, there’s a risk that VW may still be unwilling to help if the update history for your car shows an unofficial software version had previously been installed, in the same way they’re able to tell if a car has been mapped and the map has subsequently been removed by interrogating the car’s ECU.

Good luck, I hope you find a resolution to your problem.
I installed 1941 and no issues to date. I'd be surprised it was a "bootlegged" version. I'd guess a leak from software developers trying to make the VW world a better software place. Not quite like re-mapping the ECU.

clubsport452021

Who knows who wrote the software.
It's not official. but the link to the website (hosted in Moscow from a brief Internet search - who knows for sure?) has been put on here by a man from the Internet.
So I guess it must be legit; why cant the official VW dealerships see this?

Most VW dealerships, in the UK anyway, are absolutely useless when it comes to anything deviating from selling to servicing cars. I was told that the current software updates took unto 3 days to perform......mine was 25 mins.

Shaun888

If there is no tpi then the dealers will say no update available. Even if the update is on the server they are not allowed to update without a tpi number so they get paid to do the update.

TheDutchieGolf8

Hi people,

I want to inform you that my dealer e-mailed me yesterday to tell me that there is a solution for the jerkiness while braking.
There is a software update available since tuesday that should fix the problem.
I could just hop by and get it installed whenever I want.
Big question is if I should go for it, for maybe it could create worse problems, or wait a little longer and hear about other peoples experiences first…

Just wanted to let you guys know, so you could go and ask your local dealer about it.

Cheers, The Dutchie.

clubsport452021

Slightly un-related but anyone with Travel/Emergency assist "bongs"........I received my car back yesterday after a new steering wheel fitting and it is finally silent. hooray!!!

TheDutchieGolf8

Hi people,

I want to inform you that my dealer e-mailed me yesterday to tell me that there is a solution for the jerkiness while braking.
Big question is if I should go for it, for maybe it could create worse problems, or wait a little longer and hear about other peoples experiences first…

Just wanted to let you guys know, so you could go and ask your local dealer about it.

Cheers, The Dutchie.

So I just couldn’t wait… Today I went to the dealer, waited for about 45 minutes, picked up the car, and………

AMAZING!!!

No jerking at all! So happy guys!

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Hi people,

Cheers, The Dutchie.
The dealer had to do it? No OTA update?

@Massimo 2323 any info on this?

TheDutchieGolf8

The dealer had to do it? No OTA update?

@Massimo 2323 any info on this?
Yes the dealer had to do it. The TPI was updated last tuesday, and the dealer had my car registered for this TPI, so that when a solution came, there would be an alarm in their system and they would contact me immediately. Very thoughtful of them to be honest. Anyway, the update is so fresh that it’s possible even Massimo didn’t know about it up until now.

No, it is not an OTA update, maybe because not everyone has this issue. Just give your dealer a call, and tell them about the TPI, and that you want it fixed. They should be able to fix it within half an hour.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So I found this tpi number 2067824/2 (05/June/2023):
Problem:
When lightly braking and with a gear change from 4th to 3rd gear at a speed of about 30 km/h a jerk is noticeable.
Only for ECU part number 05E906012K or 05E906012B.

The solution is a software update:
Part Number Old SW New SW
05E906012K 1227 3037
05E906012B 9974 9976

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
So I found this tpi number 2067824/2 (05/June/2023):
Problem:
When lightly braking and with a gear change from 4th to 3rd gear at a speed of about 30 km/h a jerk is noticeable.
Only for ECU part number 05E906012K or 05E906012B.

The solution is a software update:
Part Number Old SW New SW
05E906012K 1227 3037
05E906012B 9974 9976
Where can I find the ECU part number?