GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

SASwales

I have a 2021 1.5 etsi and the past few days I've been getting a "Error: Drive System" error when I turn on the car?
They have suggested it go into the garage for the software updating, but I updated it through the auto updates just last week, isn't that all they will do also?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 14.22.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 14.22.10.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 97

DrG

I have 1941 update installed at a UK main dealer last week. Reboots have stopped, but I too have many faults including drive train, but it turns out its a battery communication control module issue that's being looked into

blkbit

Does VW use different software on different region cars? I have a NAR GTI that had the 1900 software and I was able to apply the 1941 update last night, it took about 15 minutes. The only differences I've noticed so far was that I can no longer change my language in System Information and the goodbye screen now shows seats instead of a silver GTI.

feds85

Yesterday, I visitied local VW dealer (I was invited) and they made an software update of dsg gearbox. Finally the jerking problem is gone. It took ONE YEAR to make a new software. Anyway, the driving comfort improved significantly.
I checked the software info and it is still 1899. Some days before this update at the dealer I have received an OTA update for infotainmnet. From this update the reseting of the infotainment disappeared too!

boskogandor

Hey yall,
Will soon buy a golf 8 because I got a good offer but I have a question.

My family went to the dealership and sent me a few pics and videos of the car (I'm out of the country so that's why they went) and seems like this golf mk8 has a composition media infotainment system, based on the fact that it has two volume knobs on each side of it and a smaller display.

Is composition media outdated and still slow? Is it getting updates? Bad idea getting it in 2023? What would you recommend?

The other question is that I've looked online and it seems reverse cameras are available for the discover model, meanwhile the one im looking to get has reverse cameras with the complsition media system?

Sorry for asking these questions, almost all the media I've seen online about the mk8 is with the discover and discover pro systems.

It's a 1.5 eTSI 150hp automatic mk8 with a sunroof, acquaintance at the dealership managed to save it for me with a good price.
I'm currently driving a 98' Audi a3 1.9 TDI 90hp so it will be quite the upgrade I hope.

Can attach images if needed.

Last edited:

feds85

Lucky man, no updates here in Czech Republic 🥲
Hi fantozzi. Ask you dealer or main importer. I have sent an e-mail to main importer where I was asking when the update should come. They just confirmed to "not worry", the solution is in preparation and I will be invited to local closest dealer for an update. It took another 2 months from that time.
I guess the update should be available in Czech Republic too

gionta95

Yesterday, I visitied local VW dealer (I was invited) and they made an software update of dsg gearbox. Finally the jerking problem is gone. It took ONE YEAR to make a new software. Anyway, the driving comfort improved significantly.
I checked the software info and it is still 1899. Some days before this update at the dealer I have received an OTA update for infotainmnet. From this update the reseting of the infotainment disappeared too!
Do you know version of new dsg software?

MrGolf112

How do you know what the latest software update is? Do VW release a list with all software numbers or is it just your dealer tells you a software update is available when you book it in for a service/Mot etc..

feds85

How do you know what the latest software update is? Do VW release a list with all software numbers or is it just your dealer tells you a software update is available when you book it in for a service/Mot etc..
I was invited by dealer to update. (Year ago I claimed the dsg "jerking").