GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment system rebooting

Sniffer

Re my post at #10, above, I thought readers might appreciate an update.

As I suspected would happen my dealers have failed to resolve my crashing Infotainment screen issue and a replacement control unit is now on order from VW. I'm told that two other customers at the dealership are ahead of me in the queue for the part, so clearly it's not an isolated issue.

jken

Mine keeps crashing and rebooting too. Seems to happen within a few seconds of starting up and moving off but is then okay after it comes back.

tos

Go Kart Champion
My latest crashes, anyone has it same time?

31783km 13.3.2023 15:10
32289km 1.4.2023 15.18 and 15:21
32420km 3.4.2023 13:20
32585km 4.4.2023 14:10
33125km 11.4.2023 17:22
33128km 11.4.2023 18:07
33503km 20.4.2023 7:48
33587km 21.4.2023 17:44
33720km 24.4.2023 15:53
33724km 24.4.2023 16:17

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
Update. The Infotainment system still reboots regularly but has got worse in the hot weather. It is nearly always a couple of minutes after starting a journey. Are there any software updates for this?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Mine is in and a new infotainment sytem will be installed for the reboots and reverse camera flickering plus new steering wheel for the TA/EA pings.

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Same happening with me - only since the 1899 software update, at this stage haven't even bothered to let the dealer know, but will at the next service.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Yesterday on a short journey my infotainment screen rebooted. Today it did it again. Then with the cruise set at 50mph it started slowing down to 31mph (that’s 50kph)) back up to 50mph, down to 31, up to 50, down to 31... You get the picture. I thought this issue had been sorted out ages ago after one of many, many software updates.

This car is pi*sing me off. Who in their right mind buy a friggin VW. Their hardware and software is absolutely craap😡🤬?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Yesterday on a short journey my infotainment screen rebooted. Today it did it again. Then with the cruise set at 50mph it started slowing down to 31mph (that’s 50kph)) back up to 50mph, down to 31, up to 50, down to 31... You get the picture. I thought this issue had been sorted out ages ago after one of many, many software updates.

This car is pi*sing me off. Who in their right mind buy a friggin VW. Their hardware and software is absolutely craap😡🤬?
This time next year I’ll be starting to think about replacing my current car which will be coming up to four years old at that time and my research into its replacement will begin. Will that replacement be another VW?; there’s a good chance it won’t be, and I’ve been loyal to the VW brand for almost 21 years.

The software and hardware in my current car (2020 Polo GTI+) is from the generation before the software / hardware used in the mk8 Golf, and apart from a minor hiccup in the first few months of ownership that has never repeated itself (trip recorder zero’d itself and the clock changed to some random time), it’s been faultless. I think I’d have big regrets if I got rid of a trouble free car and replaced it with one afflicted by bugs and gremlins. Hopefully software version 1941 is the fix that Golf owners have been waiting for and software bugs and gremlins will be a thing of the past 🤞.

I know other car manufacturers will also have some software and hardware issues and I may find after researching that what we hear of VW’s - and the wider VAG‘s - issues is the norm in the industry (hopefully not!). If it is, then maybe I’ll just hang on to my current car and buy a good aftermarket warranty to pay for any unforeseen potentially large repair costs - e.g. DSG issues, infotainment unit failure, digital dash display failure, leaking thermostat housing / water pump failure (a fairly common issue on VW’s 2.0 EA888 engine, and my car has that engine).