GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment system rebooting

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2021 Golf 8 eHybrid's infotainment system reboots itself arounf once or twice every two weeks or so whilst I am driving. Does anyone else have this problem?

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
Exactly what happens with me.
The link above is in German and I don't speak that I'm afraid. Does it have a solution?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Happened to me too. After the 1899 update happened only once in 3 weeks...
No solution as far as I know. Some say it has to to with the connectivity error between VW server and the car , others the Cold weather.
The truth it doesn't make sense but happening to others in Germany too.

M|W

Has been happening to me too, after update to 1899. Four times in January, once a few days ago. Might be correlated to cold weather.

Edit: I cannot say whether it also happened on 1896. My car has had a large variety of bugs over time, so it is difficult to keep track.

Another person has documented it here:

Last edited:

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Like this?
- Start the car
- Drive about 1-2 minutes
- Sound disappears
- Center screen tuns black
- Cluster PINGs couple faults
- Center screen welcomes you back
- Everything back to normal

See this: https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/inf...ab-kaltes-wetter-oder-das-alter-t7383718.html
This has been happening to me since August last year. My dealer has been trying to fix it but with no success. They also opened a ticket with VW, which they said to change the infotainment unit. So now I'm waiting for the replacement unit to arrive (ordered last week so let's see when it arrives) and hopefully will solve this issue.

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is my car info. Does anyone know if it is up to date? The problem happened again just now. I am in the UK.

Attachments

• IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 153

Sniffer

Last month my Infotainment system crashed and rebooted about 20 times over a 4 mile journey. In fact, it never really got going at all throughout the whole trip. Oddly, it worked perfectly on the return leg about an hour later!

Fortunately, I was able to produce video evidence so the dealership immediately accepted there was an issue, even though they couldn't reproduce it. They have updated the software from 1896 to 1899 but I still get the occasional crash (though not as bad as it was), so I suspect that it's going to have to be a hardware replacement on my next visit.

Last edited:

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a point about the possibility that cold weather is partly to blame. The problem has occured twice in the last week and it hasn't been that cold. It never happened at all last winter.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
I tend to believe that it might be the AC. Can anyone with AC on and off to see if there is a difference?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Happened to me a few more times in the last 2 weeks.
The infotainment freezes for a few seconds and it then goes black.
Then two error messages popup on the AID for a couple of seconds in regards to the parking sensors.
Then the VW logo appears and all is working again.