GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy III

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I really, really wish my S3 was shaped like the new iPhone. The oblong shape with scalloped edges just makes it harder to hold than my HTC Incredible that was iPhone shaped with some extra bevels on the back.

I saw some concept art of an early S3 prototype that had a smoked glass back (like the outer edges of Samsung TVs) and the camera/speaker was inlaid in aluminum. It looked badass so I was pretty disappointed how the real thing came out. I guess they had to do that or pay Apple $2 billion.

SaNGRia

Passed Driver's Ed

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
i am a hipocrite because i have a Droid and i do like it. but it has been shitting on me for at least a year with reoccuring problems so i opted for a iPhone 5 since i was due for a upgrade. im not an Apple freak i only like their iPod. hopefully the new phone is as reliable as their ipod classic has been to me ( had it for 5 years, it's refurbished and have had no problems).

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Four rounded corners

No, Samsung owes Apple a billion dollars because a former Apple chairman, who now is employed by Samsung, stole much of the i Phone design. The messaging is the same as well as the screen design and no button interface. Its a bullshit copycat phone with stolen technology and interface by a greedy ex Apple employee.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
**Images that strain my eyes**

ts,dr
Too small, didn't read.

Still is refreshing to know that all my Apple friends can enjoy the technologies I've been enjoying for almost a year on my GNex. Maybe this will help placate my non-jailbroken Apple friends until the next Nexus is released.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Still is refreshing to know that all my Apple friends can enjoy the technologies I've been enjoying for almost a year on my GNex. Maybe this will help placate my non-jailbroken Apple friends until the next Nexus is released.

It is nice, isn't it? And they don't even have NFC yet

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
They did get a new connector, though. I'm jealous. :(

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Bumpage.

Just picked up my S III (from an old Droid) this past weekend and I gotta say I'm lovin' it...with the exception of a few quirks.

Anybody else having problems syncing their Yahoo email?

If I log on my PC and check, read, delete, move, etc., my email, it's not reflected when I check my email on my phone. It's like I've never even looked at them.

Also, HTF do you move emails or create new folders on it?

I've gotta think that I'm just missing something because to not have that functionality would just be crazy.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
No, Samsung owes Apple a billion dollars because a former Apple chairman, who now is employed by Samsung, stole much of the i Phone design. The messaging is the same as well as the screen design and no button interface. Its a bullshit copycat phone with stolen technology and interface by a greedy ex Apple employee.

Spoken like a true Apple fan :clap:

edit: lol Samsung the bully? How is Samsung, the victim of a billion dollar lawsuit over the shape of a phone, the bully?

Samsung counter sues for Apple for infringement of 5 of its patents, says it wants 2.4% of the entire selling price, Apple didn't even try to deny it, just came back saying they should only have to pay .5 cents per device sold. Sad that Sammy has to stoop to their level. Eye for an eye I suppose.

This is just how technology works, you can't have 3 people invent fire or the wheel, and each one have their own invidual, unique version.

I don't remember where I read this, but you can only "evolve" something so much before it gets to such a state of near perfection, not much changes from each evolution. We've reached that in the smart phone world. If you want to be competitive, you've gotta follow these guidelines of what the "perfect phone" is for the consumer to you can sell as many units as you can. Now of course add ons and such will be different from company to company, but griping about the shape of it, etc, etc...That's ridiculous. It's near impossible to make your own smartphone without taking SOMETHING that another company is already doing.

I don't understand why Apple people are so gung-ho about this, Apple has been using others idea's, and tech from other companies for YEARS. Other companies have been using stuff from other companies for years. There's actually a very well done youtube cast about a guy offering people free gaming stuff if they can give him ONE thing apple has done that was their own idea. 30 minute video, dozens and dozens of entries, only 1 person won, and he gave it to them on a technicality. Everyone had an understanding that it's for the betterment of the consumer to not get into these wars over patents, because in the end, once everyone has the same thing, it's going to spur someone else to create something totally new and radical, and then the competition starts all over again. And THAT moves the industry forward. Lawsuits here and there gets no one anywhere. Best case scenario one company just keeps further advancing over everyone else, and then they just become a giant with NO competition, and that is not good for the consumer.

The problem is Apple will take take take, but they don't give.

I loved my iPhones I've had throughout the years, and I kicked around the idea of getting an iPhone 5 when it launched, but after everything Apple has done, I refuse to give them another dime. It hurts too, because lets be honest. The S3, and other Android devices look good, but god damnit that iPhone 5 is sexy.

Last edited: