GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is stage 2 worth it!?

2.06thgen

Ready to race!
Is stage 2 worth it and I'm only asking because I raced my friend mk5 gti that's stage 2 and beat him three time and I'm stage 1. Also with the larger downpipe would the turbo need a little more time to spool

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Does a bear shit in the woods? Of course!!!!

Uberryan

Banned
Keep in mind, Stage 1 has a torque-y lowend, so if you were doing runs to 40mph or 50mph, it's not gonna do much. Also, the TSI has a superior fueling system to that of the FSI.

Don't worry about the turbo, it's too small to produce too much lag. In fact I saw better spool time with the stage 2 tune over stock.

2.06thgen

Ready to race!
Oh ok thanks for the feedback so now I'm going to buy a downpipe before he buys a fuel pump and want a rematch

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what happens when he buys a K04?! lol...

P

plac

many ways to address the question.

from a money/financial standpoint? no. why? because going stage 2 costs you about the same price as stage 1, but you don't get double the gains. (a top quality downpipe is ~$500)

from a fun standpoint? yes. if money doesnt matter, it does make the car more fun. do you lose a little something off the line? in my opinion, yes.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
the only reason i would go stage 2 is if i wanted a nice exhaust (which admittedly, i kind of do) otherwise i'd prefer to have more low end torque since thats what you feel the most during daily driving.

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
the low end torque of stage 2 is ample enough for me, along with a nice exhaust note and better airflow.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
The low end torque issue has been resolved throughout all companies. This shouldnt be a concern anymore. :thumbsup: