GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is stage 2 worth it!?

cmlteg

Passed Driver's Ed
It's well worth it, just got mine done this weekend, and you def feel the difference not as big as going stage 1 but u def feel a change

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
It's well worth it, just got mine done this weekend, and you def feel the difference not as big as going stage 1 but u def feel a change

I think this is a VERY big issue with most stage 2 buyers. THey think the difference will be night and day much like Stock > Stage 1 was. Although you wont feel any changes down low, you should definitely feel some up top.

P

plac

i am now even more sure of the stronger "off the line" WITHOUT my downpipe. but its in the first 1-2 seconds of takeoff, after that, it doesnt matter. i have noticed a better tip-in from a stop, at least .5s less delay. .5s isnt much, but im being cautious in my numbers. i feel the difference for sure, no more waiting ~1 second for it to move. my downpipe came out last night for some fun testing. at first i figure ill end up wanting my downpipe back in. but i have had some killer pulls today which starts me second guessing. not so much the power difference as a feeling difference. everything is tighter up thru 6500rpms. lost traction more than usual at redline in a couple gears. i like the quieter drive also. I do have an intake, and that is what i have not really tried much before, a stage 1 + intake. Very fun setup.