GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
How'd you guys do? I attempted to stop by the airport and check it out but ended up not having time.
We got a couple runs in before thunderstorms hit and they called the event 😞. Fun nonetheless. Even with the short heat, Sean finished #9 and I finished #17 PAX. I’m positive we would have finished higher had we gotten all 6 runs in.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We got a couple runs in before thunderstorms hit and they called the event 😞. Fun nonetheless. Even with the short heat, Sean finished #9 and I finished #17 PAX. I’m positive we would have finished higher had we gotten all 6 runs in.
Yeah, I was just figuring out out the course, and there was time at the crossover in both directions. I'm seeing 8th and 17th, but I haven't looked at the official results yet.

Hey at least we got to swap tires in a downpour. I also drove past the tornado that touched down near the east loop of 295.

So we got that. Lol

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Yeah, I was just figuring out out the course, and there was time at the crossover in both directions. I'm seeing 8th and 17th, but I haven't looked at the official results yet.

Hey at least we got to swap tires in a downpour. I also drove past the tornado that touched down near the east loop of 295.

So we got that. Lol
Yes you're right, #8. I looked at your number, not your position. My bad. I know I had a second or two to gain in the back turnaround and the last mini-slalom too. It's frustrating when you know exactly what you can fix but don't get the chance to do it.

Congratulations on not driving through the tornado LOL.

Swapping wheels in a downpour. 10/10. A+++. Highly recommended.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yes you're right, #8. I looked at your number, not your position. My bad. I know I had a second or two to gain in the back turnaround and the last mini-slalom too. It's frustrating when you know exactly what you can fix but don't get the chance to do it.

The GPS is my phone is too slow and it didn't record my entire run, but from the data I do have, you're over slowed for turn around and both crossovers. I was carrying a few mph more in almost every corner. I think it's just a matter of learning the new grip level and trusting that grip.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
The GPS is my phone is too slow and it didn't record my entire run, but from the data I do have, you're over slowed for turn around and both crossovers. I was carrying a few mph more in almost every corner. I think it's just a matter of learning the new grip level and trusting that grip.
Great insight, thanks! I'm glad you hooked up the app for the runs.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
To clear up confusion on the bushing/bearing topic, here’s a shopdap YouTube video:

According to video, the strut mount is also referred to as a bushing. The bearing is the bearing.

With that said, these are the 2 pieces I’d like to replace while I’m in there switching out springs. So, for the suspension pros, could anyone provide a good brand or possibly a link to these items OR can I just replace with OEM? Thank you in advance.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Browsing around and looky what I found. This you @904mk7 ?
2BB0881B-A58C-4BC4-A971-050A3F66382B.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
To clear up confusion on the bushing/bearing topic, here’s a shopdap YouTube video:

According to video, the strut mount is also referred to as a bushing. The bearing is the bearing.

With that said, these are the 2 pieces I’d like to replace while I’m in there switching out springs. So, for the suspension pros, could anyone provide a good brand or possibly a link to these items OR can I just replace with OEM? Thank you in advance.
Buy from FCPeuro if you plan on keeping the car.

Also buy the Eurosport camber kit to install at the same time.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP

Thanks Sean. Any reason buying specifically from them? Not important just curious. Maybe the lifetime replacement?

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP

Also, not to be a noob, but I’m not planning on doing any tracking, racing, etc. Just a DD. With that in mind, would the camber kit be more than I need? Just curious what the benefits of this kit would be with that info in mind.

I remember installing a camber kit once in one of my cars to prevent the inner tires from excessive wear due to the drop.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Also, not to be a noob, but I’m not planning on doing any tracking, racing, etc. Just a DD. With that in mind, would the camber kit be more than I need? Just curious what the benefits of this kit would be with that info in mind.

I remember installing a camber kit once in one of my cars to prevent the inner tires from excessive wear due to the drop.
The benefits are more even tire wear when driven hard.

The factory GTI CS comes with -2 camber off the showroom. This kit won't get you that much, but it really helps turn in and wear if you do drive semi aggressively on the street.

Not needed if you don't drive fast around corners.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

Sounds like you guys had yourselves a good time. I'll try and get out there (to at least watch) next time!

The benefits are more even tire wear when driven hard.

The factory GTI CS comes with -2 camber off the showroom. This kit won't get you that much, but it really helps turn in and wear if you do drive semi aggressively on the street.

Not needed if you don't drive fast around corners.

Would I be able to get a proper alignment without a camber kit? Or is there not enough adjustment from the factory?

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Sounds like you guys had yourselves a good time. I'll try and get out there (to at least watch) next time!

Would I be able to get a proper alignment without a camber kit? Or is there not enough adjustment from the factory?
EMD has a sale going on for springs and rear sway bar for $499. Individually the springs are $280 and sway bar $270.