GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sounds like you guys had yourselves a good time. I'll try and get out there (to at least watch) next time!

Would I be able to get a proper alignment without a camber kit? Or is there not enough adjustment from the factory?
The front isn't adjustable, per say, with factory parts, unless you're willing to slot the holes like a maniac. Which I've also done in conjunction with the camber kit and have offset lca bushing to go on too.

But there is some play within the strut bushing bolts and at the ball joint on the LCA, as well as some adjustment if you're willing to loosen the k member.

So for normal people, you're correct.

I are not normal or so my momma says.

Matt can attest, I want to mod ALL the cars. Even ones that aren't mine. Lol

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
The front isn't adjustable, per say, with factory parts, unless you're willing to slot the holes like a maniac. Which I've also done in conjunction with the camber kit and have offset lca bushing to go on too.

But there is some play within the strut bushing bolts and at the ball joint on the LCA, as well as some adjustment if you're willing to loosen the k member.

I like how you think. 👏

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Front camber isn't adjustable from the factory. Rear is though.

So just for curiosity sake, how far out of spec would my camber be if I did not buy the camber kit (and also didn't slot holes like a "maniac")? Just talking about VWR or EMD springs.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
So just for curiosity sake, how far out of spec would my camber be if I did not buy the camber kit (and also didn't slot holes like a "maniac")? Just talking about VWR or EMD springs.
Correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think it would be out and if so, only by a gnat’s a$$, especially with the drop those springs provide. I’ll let the pros weigh in on this.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Laptop died last night right after I flashed a new wastegate file. It was a $100 windows tablet I purchased specifically for tuning 4.5 years ago. It lasted this long without a glitch. First the detachable keyboard died on Friday, then it started restarting unless plugged in, but then it was fine monday morning. Thankfully it happened after the flash was done. I ordered a Samsung laptop to use for tuning. Anyone have any experience with them?

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think it would be out and if so, only by a gnat’s a$$, especially with the drop those springs provide. I’ll let the pros weigh in on this.

Ehh maybe not much, but I'm pretty sure it'll be off at least a little from the factory spec without a way to correct it. Curious what Sean says though.

Laptop died last night right after I flashed a new wastegate file. It was a $100 windows tablet I purchased specifically for tuning 4.5 years ago. It lasted this long without a glitch. First the detachable keyboard died on Friday, then it started restarting unless plugged in, but then it was fine monday morning. Thankfully it happened after the flash was done. I ordered a Samsung laptop to use for tuning. Anyone have any experience with them?

Dang that sucks. I have a Samsung laptop and I love it. It's a Galaxy Book Flex I believe.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Out isn't the right word. Your static neg camber would increase to -1 to -1.5 ish, which is outside VW's specs for US GTI's, but up to -2 will give you no issues on the street.

Camber within reason has almost no affect on tire wear on the street and decreases tire wear when driven hard. Too much toe is what kills tires and I have a lot of toe compared to stock and still no issues.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thank you Sir!

And your dynamic camber doesn't change at all with lowering springs, at every point in full travel it will be exactly the same.

The static negative camber will increase due to lowering the static height, but otherwise, it's unchanged unless you do camber plates, CSS hubs (they have more neg camber) or change to offset LCA bushings or longer LCA's.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
So I noticed my heated mirrors weren't working this morning... did some research and apparently they won't turn on at temperatures above 68° F ? What kind of crap is that? How am I supposed to de-fog my mirrors on these hot and humid Florida mornings during the summer? :(

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
1652872330741.jpeg

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
I forgot I had heated mirrors until you mentioned it. I believe they sell anti fog spray products or maybe even use rain x. That’s what I found on the interwebs.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Heated mirrors? What witch craft is this?

Us base and Rabbit Edition owners don't get your fancy toys.