GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Since Matt mentioned tacos, I’d like to know where a killer burger place is around the Jax area. Suggestions appreciated.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Not sure about burgers but have you been to Taco Libre? Found it on Google earlier. Looks awesome 👌

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Haha agreed. I'm going to go with a hard MAYBE on this one. Going Kayaking Saturday afternoon, and was hoping to tile my back patio this weekend. The rain might change all my plans though.......

I had a 2017 STI and loved it. Went stage 2 with it and it was pretty fun but the thought of a blowing a ringland was constantly on my mind. I can't lie though, for some reason the GTI is just more fun to me. Can't explain it.
Agreed!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've always loved sti's I was shopping them and GTI's. Obviously the GTI won. So much rattley plastic in the STI. Plus it took way more money to get an STI fast and everyone I know with one that was stage 2 had a blown motor/cracked head or whatever that common issue they all have.
3 broken ringland engine failures in my 08 STI. When they added the secondary air pump in 07, things went off the rails.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So dealer tried to tell me my warranty was voided by the tune and I had to pay for the aux water pump.

I nicely explained that TD1 doesn't void your warranty and told them my warranty is with VWoA, not the dealer, and if VWoA denied it, I'll discuss with them, but they need to submit the claim.

VW approved it.

They had to know I knew how shit works, but they tried anyway. Not today Satan.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
So dealer tried to tell me my warranty was voided by the tune and I had to pay for the aux water pump.

I nicely explained that TD1 doesn't void your warranty and told them my warranty is with VWoA, not the dealer, and if VWoA denied it, I'll discuss with them, but they need to submit the claim.

VW approved it.

Which dealer?

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

VW approved it.

So how many miles did you manage before your water pump went? I'm at 15k and I check the level like once a week......

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
So how many miles did you manage before your water pump went? I'm at 15k and I check the level like once a week......
The aux water pump is not the main one. Mine started leaking at 70k my thermostat housing was bad from almost brand new. Lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This isn't even the main water pump, this is the secondary aux pump that runs after car is turned off to keep cooling the car down.

I'm at 25k miles. No coolant leaks yet.