jax fl meets

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Are you running e85? I can't recall.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't know, I thoroughly enjoy having a back up camera and ACC. I could probably do without the parking sensors but they are nice.

Really? The rabbit has all the hardware (radar/camera etcetera)?

Whale humping, or humpback whale? Instructions unclear.

I hadn't considered them but I'll take a look. Link?
Acc doesn't need camera, that's lane assists.

If you have a 19+ to forward collision, you have all but the buttons and coding.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anytime. I was nervous to drive far for a while because I installed an RS3 fuel pump and gas gauge was crazy off afterward. I'd fill up and the gauge would drop 1/4 tank in 15 miles, then go down normally after that. It still read correctly after that, just annoying. I get about 20 mpg/180ish miles before I am the hash mark before red.
I used to get 12 mpg around town in my stg 2 STI. 19 highway.

Interior was crap too.

But it was a fun car, at least the 05 was. The 08 was a steaming pile.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Not bad. Never heard of that site. Have you ordered from them?
I have not. They are out in Vegas. I looked them up on google maps. Seems reputable with good reviews. I think that price point made the decision for me, plus I had H&Rs on my M3 and they were great.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Well fellas, based on the moistness on my body right now, I think we've past the point of no return for a nice springtime BBQ and install day LOL. But I'm still down for a hot sweaty summer install day if we need to get those springs in. Or if anyone just wants to get together for some BBQ and/or tacos on the weekend and talk shop, I'm down.

Last edited:

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Let's do it! Not next weekend though I'll be out of town.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Is this coming weekend next weekend? Or is the next weekend after that next weekend? I'm pretty free this weekend.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Oh sorry, to me the coming weekend is "This weekend" and "next weekend" would be the following. I tend to confuse people sometimes though!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Oh sorry, to me the coming weekend is "This weekend" and "next weekend" would be the following. I tend to confuse people sometimes though!
No no, I 100% agree. I'm on your side. But some people say "next weekend" to literally mean the next weekend that is occurring, which is this weekend. Just wanted to confirm. LOL English is dumb.

OK so THIS WEEKEND ... tacos!?

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I used to get 12 mpg around town in my stg 2 STI. 19 highway.

Interior was crap too.

But it was a fun car, at least the 05 was. The 08 was a steaming pile.
I've always loved sti's I was shopping them and GTI's. Obviously the GTI won. So much rattley plastic in the STI. Plus it took way more money to get an STI fast and everyone I know with one that was stage 2 had a blown motor/cracked head or whatever that common issue they all have.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
No no, I 100% agree. I'm on your side. But some people say "next weekend" to literally mean the next weekend that is occurring, which is this weekend. Just wanted to confirm. LOL English is dumb.

I take my tacos very seriously. I don’t mess around with BS tacos.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

Haha agreed. I'm going to go with a hard MAYBE on this one. Going Kayaking Saturday afternoon, and was hoping to tile my back patio this weekend. The rain might change all my plans though.......

I've always loved sti's I was shopping them and GTI's. Obviously the GTI won. So much rattley plastic in the STI. Plus it took way more money to get an STI fast and everyone I know with one that was stage 2 had a blown motor/cracked head or whatever that common issue they all have.

I had a 2017 STI and loved it. Went stage 2 with it and it was pretty fun but the thought of a blowing a ringland was constantly on my mind. I can't lie though, for some reason the GTI is just more fun to me. Can't explain it.