GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Least favorite car

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Worst Car: 2007-2012 Nissan Sentra

To say the Sentra simply has no redeeming qualities at all would be very generous. The engine is terrible, the gearbox is terrible, the interior is made out of the cheapest shit I've ever seen, and it looks almost as dull as a Toyota.

Disappointing Car Everyone Else Likes: 2003-2009 Mazda3

Holy crap, where do I start with this thing? It's ugly, the interior is atrocious, and the powertrain options render it impotent in any market. The 2.0L was too gutless to be considered, and the 2.3L got awful fuel economy for its class. The sad thing is the 2nd generation isn't that much better.

The "WHY????" Award: 2008-2011 Ford Focus (North American)

I cannot, for the life of me, understand how or why this car existed. Not a single panel on it is related at all to the neighboring panels, giving it one of the most incoherent styling designs I have ever seen. The Pontiac Aztek had a more cohesive design strategy than the Focus. As with many America-centric cars, it is a huge pile of crap made out of smaller piles of crap. They should've skipped this abortion completely and adapted the global Focus a few years earlier.

Worst Crossover/SUV: 2009-present Kia Sedona

Drove this as a loaner while getting my mother's GMC Envoy fixed. If this is any indication as to the "new and improved" Korean quality, count me out. The interior trim LOOKS nicer than years past, but it still feels like something out of a cheap cookie tin. The 4-cylinder engine had no ability to move the thing, and had no business being there. The 5-speed automatic was no help, as it seemed like entire sections of the powerband were just missing due to the terrible ratios.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
New beetle convertible, 2.0 N/A automatic, slowest car on the road and having to work on them sucks a dick.

I will also go with the VW Rialta solely because we work on them here, no one else in the area will, they send them all to us.

Worst seen, Aztek hands down.

Worst driven, Dodge Caliber (2006ish). Hated that rental.

swervinVI

Ready to race!
I rented a 2011 Charger and it was really uncomfortable. It feels so bloated and the plastic interior is cheap and ugly. It also had the loudest wind noise I've ever heard and at low speeds too. It always sounded like you were driving through a hurricane. Drove that thing for a month and hated the sight of it. When I showed up to work in it, everyone was really impressed by it and I was like, seriously? This thing is garbage.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Driven -- base level PT cruiser, ANY year .... damn thing put my thighs to sleep almost immediately seats were so sh*tty.....engine??? :lol:

Hate in general: PRIUS. any prius.... and the drivers. Slow traffic on the left? f*cking prius. Cut off in traffic? f*cking prius. Going just fast enough, (67mph) but leaving no room to pass? f*cking prius.

they'r like a damn mosquito buzzing around your head.....:mad0259:

C4L

Banned
Ford Focus (previous gen): I don't understand all the hate. I drove a rental cross-country, got 41 MPG and the steering/handling was great for its class. Its acceleration wasn't gutless as the MPGs implies. Yeah, the interior was gaudy, but I think it would make a great commodity commuter car.

It must be relative because I think they are terrible. Some of the worst cars made in the last 5-10 years as far as I am concerned.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Ford Focus (previous gen): I don't understand all the hate. I drove a rental cross-country, got 41 MPG and the steering/handling was great for its class. Its acceleration wasn't gutless as the MPGs implies. Yeah, the interior was gaudy, but I think it would make a great commodity commuter car.

Maybe it's because you didn't have to see the outside of it :iono:

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I don't mind Focuses, the ones I've driven (hatches) have all been pretty fun to drive actually. I'm trying to think back to the worst car period. It'd have to be the Chevy Aveo hatch that we got in my old work place (parts store). The engines were happy to rev and they took abuse but man those things were cheap inside and out. Its a tie between that and a 2002 Ford Exploder Sport. The entire inside is cheap plastic and the ride is beyond harsh, my gf's dad has it...takes good care of it yet its still rusting badly.

twodotfive

Ready to race!
Hands down..chevy aveo hatchback. That thing struggled to get to 60mph.
Also, '12 nissan altima 2.5....that damn engine sounds like a blender.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Worst Car: 2007-2012 Nissan Sentra

To say the Sentra simply has no redeeming qualities at all would be very generous. The engine is terrible, the gearbox is terrible, the interior is made out of the cheapest shit I've ever seen, and it looks almost as dull as a Toyota.

The new nissan sentras are easily the worst cars ever. My friend let me borrow hers when my car was in the shop so I had it for a couple of hours. It was a 2009 with 16,000 miles on it (and I was driving it last year) and it could not idle correctly, and talk about GEAR HUNTING.

The car could not decide what gear it wanted to be in ever, cruising on a slightly hilly road at a constant 60mph caused the car to go from 4th to 2nd to 3rd to REVERSE (that's what it felt like, anyway) and had the most anemic power I have ever felt in my life, and I've driven some shitty cars.

Meanwhile, my other friends' '94 sentra (somewhere around there) was a champ, very nice car for how old it was.

I think it's also a problem with automatic transmissions, they don't really belong on extremely weak engines because it's always going to be looking for power when there isn't any to be found.

raaalph

Ready to race!
The car could not decide what gear it wanted to be in ever, cruising on a slightly hilly road at a constant 60mph caused the car to go from 4th to 2nd to 3rd to REVERSE (that's what it felt like, anyway) and had the most anemic power I have ever felt in my life, and I've driven some shitty cars.

I thought those had the CVT transmission? :iono:

Worst I've ever driven (on public roads) was an '89 Suzuki Sidekick we had as a beater for driving around the hunting lease, which I had to drive for a while as a teenager after wrecking my truck. 0-60 took a good 20 seconds and the damn thing felt like it was going to explode on the way there. 4wd on the trails was fun though, so it wasn't a complete failure.

McQueen77

Banned
Chevy Malibu rental car. Ford Fusion close second. 1st was a loaner, 2nd was a rental. Garbage. Its hard to list how many things I didn't like about the ford or how depressing I find 90% of these cars to be. Its like all the people who failed design courses in school their second year dropped out and got hired by ford.

Last edited: