GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Least favorite car

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I second the Chrysler 300 and Charger platform.... That shit is a boat on wheels.
Also the previous gen Beatle... What a piece of shit

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
pontiac aztec... never drove it, but i cringe when i see it!
how & why?!

Agree,that car is Excruciatingly hideous

TDI110

O_o

Every time I see it I throw up a little inside my mouth :x

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
SmartCar and Camaro for me.

SC: The transmission is god awful in that car. I'm always amazed as to why people buy those death traps. I drove one once at my dealership and I refuse to touch it ever again. I refuse to even show it to customers because if someone happens to be dumb enough to buy one, I don't feel safe enough to make it to the gas station.

Camaro: Had one as a rental car for a week. You can't see ANYTHING out of that damn car. Everything is plastic and cheap, and I want a car, not a boat. I've been trying to talk my mom out of one for months now. I'd rather her have a new(er) Mustang than that POS.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
gear hunting doesn't go away in upper level cars though, unfortunately, thus my general loathing for slushboxes of all kinds. my weeklong stay in a 528i rental proved that to me. 8 speed, ZF AT that constantly, constantly hunts. it literally changed from 1-2-3-3-2-1 in the time it took me to exit a parking lot. That is what you get in 'D', along with huge throttle lag and dead zone. Neat. Maybe that is supposed to be for gas mileage but I just call it plain frustrating. I guess old people who have more money than interest/taste in cars buy 528i's and don't notice. Put it in sport and its better but then your mileage magically goes to pure shit, and thats a car pushing high 50k range..

oppositely, my wife was in a toyota yaris base level rental for a week while her clutch assembly etc was replaced in her car and that automatic by comparison was fine. the toyotas have a 'D-3' gate where if you put it over to the right '3' gate, its like a really tall 3rd gear similar to a sport mode. I found the AT in the shitpiece Yaris (one of the shittiest cars Ive been in in a while btw) to be 'smarter' than the ZF in the BMW.

strangely I find the 6spd Auto in the Tiguan to be pretty competent, so its really hit & miss w/cars and slushbox programming. The 5spd Auto in the prev generation Mazda3, which I owned for a total of 5 months and promptly ditched, was also garbage.

I guess you're right. The only automatic car I've ever owned was a 4spd auto 1994 Lexus es300. Those gears were so long it never needed to hunt.

I wonder how the likes of BMW and other manufacturers that are now cramming 8 speed autos in their cars deal with the myriad decisions that the automagic tranny needs to make all the time.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I guess you're right. The only automatic car I've ever owned was a 4spd auto 1994 Lexus es300. Those gears were so long it never needed to hunt.

I wonder how the likes of BMW and other manufacturers that are now cramming 8 speed autos in their cars deal with the myriad decisions that the automagic tranny needs to make all the time.

Its probably because (at least in my Mercedes) they seemed to try and eliminate it altogether. 2nd gear starts and full-flooring kickdowns :rolleyes: at least the diesel has the torque to do that, the 300E not so much.

Sandwich_Dan

Ready to race!
Citroen Zsara Picasso Mk1. Of the 100 or so different models of car I've driven this is easily the worst.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
I had a 2010 Focus rental once while my old TDI was in for service, if you put your foot down going 40 it would drop into 1st and rev to all hell while it pulled another 10-12 mph. Then shift to second and you'd get the sensation you were now rolling backwards. The interior was made of slightly repulsive materials, but it oversteered nicely when pushed on an off camber plunge across a manicured open lot of dirt. Honestly, I can now see what they're on about when they (being TopGear UK) say they're great fun. I think the new ST will be an awesome experience, from a drivers perspective. From a daily drivers perspective? The interior styling kills it IMO.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Pretty much any car made by Dodge/Chrysler....even the new Dart, that is an Alpha looks like a neon meets a prius.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Chevy HHR (rental). One of the worst modern cars I've ever driven.

It was hard to believe people pay money to buy that car new... I took it over the Yaris at the rental lot b/c I was fascinated by how ugly it was. Drove it and just, yuck.