Looking For a New Camera

GTIWV

WV VW
yes, excellent starter
the most important thing is to learn how to use it
ive seen ppl with $8k setup shoot garbage
and ive seen ppl with point and shoots, making art

haha, yea.
I really just want to make sure i have a good camera that will be decently up to date for a while before spending that much on a camera.

michaelmark5

MOREFIRE!
I've been using a Nikon D50 with a Tamron 18-200 and a Tamron 11-18 for three+ years and have learned a lot and i've shot some decent pics and just now am I looking to upgrade.I have my eye on the 5D Mark II and the Nikon D3 and i'm very torn on which to get...so i'm waiting till we get closer to SoWo to pick up my new rig.It'll give me some time to compare and that's what I recommend you do start with something nice but simple to learn ISO's and focal lengths,shutter speeds the whole nine.

michaelmark5

MOREFIRE!
Yeah and the D50 is only 6 megapixels so that kills me also...I didn't mean to snap I took what you said wrong.I agree with you 100%

wake

wake up!
The new 50D is great...I'm surprised how much difference there is between it and the 40D. It's a little expensive for a beginner camera but a good buy none the less. Comes with a good all around lens but I would suggest getting better glass, especially L glass. The 40D is going out of the market so now is a good time to pick one up, they're on sale pretty much everywhere but would still spring for the 50D if I had the money, or the 5D Mark II but that's really overboard for a beginner camera.

wake

wake up!
my camera is now 4 years old, only 8mp

but can still destroy most of the new stuff out

1DII :biggrin: :biggrin:

lol of course it can...that's a kick ass camera. I have the 40D and I'm happy with it...for now :happyanim:

I really want to get a full frame camera though, I've been looking at the 5D Mark II but I think the HD video is really stupid seeing as you're paying for that too when it's something I would never use, kind of like live view.

06Rabbit

Ready to race!
my camera is now 4 years old, only 8mp

but can still destroy most of the new stuff out

1DII :biggrin: :biggrin:

:bow:

Still one of my favourite cameras. One of these days I'll make the jump to a 1-series. I've wanted to make the jump, but every time I see the images from my 5D, I don't feel the need anymore :smile:

I remember someone on here that shot weddings for a living. Was that you?