GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Strymon Volante

Due to the excessive wait for orders, I've been looking around to see if there might be any alternatives: i.e. nearly new vehicles with similar spec, especially when the total wait could go from the present 10 months to a year plus...........
However one annoying VW practice I've come across is many of their advertised cars aren't actually available if you go into the showroom: - you'd expect to be able to inspect them, or have a test drive, but they are out with managers using them or they are being used as courtesy cars..... really not ready for sale. I guess that with all the new ones coming in already spoken for as pre sales other vehicles are few and far between for dealers to use as in the past............. um!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Due to the excessive wait for orders, I've been looking around to see if there might be any alternatives: i.e. nearly new vehicles with similar spec, especially when the total wait could go from the present 10 months to a year plus...........
However one annoying VW practice I've come across is many of their advertised cars aren't actually available if you go into the showroom: - you'd expect to be able to inspect them, or have a test drive, but they are out with managers using them or they are being used as courtesy cars..... really not ready for sale. I guess that with all the new ones coming in already spoken for as pre sales other vehicles are few and far between for dealers to use as in the past............. um!
I read on another forum within the last few months that dealers weren’t currently able to order cars for their own stock, the priority being for VW to focus on building customer’s cars that have been ordered. That probably explains why there’s a shortage of new unregistered cars in showrooms.

Historically, I believe courtesy cars and vehicles being used by dealership staff were offered for sale once they were three months old. With the current new car shortages and the difficulties in getting replacevents for courtesy and staff cars, the practice of selling at three months old may have now changed and dealers may be keeping these cars for longer.

DenisV

Are there people that have had to wait for more than 12 months so far? Next week will be ~12 months (52 weeks) for me since I've ordered my GTE (April 2021).

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Are there people that have had to wait for more than 12 months so far? Next week will be ~12 months (52 weeks) for me since I've ordered my GTE (April 2021).
Damn man I doubt there are many like you. What is your dealer saying?

Floyda1606

Yes, and I also read that there’s a 12-14 month wait for a Golf R 😮.

There are now potential issues with the supply of magnesium that could extend wait times even further………

https://www.carsdirect.com/automoti...agnesium-shortage-could-impact-car-production
The lead times I can confirm for the Golf R are crazy, especially if a pan roof is included. Mine was ordered the 1st week in June and thankfully it is now in the UK ready for collection next week. Nearly gave up all hope

Floyda1606

Oh dear. I suppose they did say Golf R had some of the longest lead times for tech reasons. So I guess they were almost accurate with it. I hope it comes sooner!!
I feel you pain on this, mine was ordered in June and I’m collecting next week. Was very near giving up as the build week just kept getting push back, twice it even went to the build week so I got my hopes up…only 7 days later to be pushed back another 2-3 weeks. The only advice I can give is don’t believe the build date till it’s actually gone to confirmed build..after that it only took 3 weeks to build. Mine has a pan roof and apparently they are taking longer due to the amount of additional chips needed

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
I feel you pain on this, mine was ordered in June and I’m collecting next week. Was very near giving up as the build week just kept getting push back, twice it even went to the build week so I got my hopes up…only 7 days later to be pushed back another 2-3 weeks. The only advice I can give is don’t believe the build date till it’s actually gone to confirmed build..after that it only took 3 weeks to build. Mine has a pan roof and apparently they are taking longer due to the amount of additional chips needed
Was it with the harman kardon sound system? I heard that those have shortages as well.

Floyda1606

Was it with the harman kardon sound system? I heard that those have shortages as well.
No mine was because of the pan roof & winter pack. VW told me ( not too sure if it’s true ) that standard cars with no extras are being prioritised even if ordered later. They want to get as many off the list as possible with the least amount of chips!! So basically they are doing 3/4 standard cars and 1/4 cars with mods. Was so frustrated with mine in the end, the dealer held the price though, if I ordered now the price would be much higher. Plus the value of my 7.5 has increased…so some plus points I suppose.

Ordered a MK8 golf R line in March
I was told it would be at least the end of this year
I was just wondering if anyone knows will the indicator lights sweep across or flash on the standard lights
I’ve seen some that sweep I’m guessing that’s with the IQ lights?