GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Strymon Volante

This letter was recently posted on a VW Facebook group...........

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 22.20.21.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 22.20.21.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 404

daveb15

Ready to race!
Picked up from another forum

The following options have been removed from ordering:-

LED Matrix Headlights

Illuminated Grill

Harmon Kardon Sound System

Side assist including folding door mirrors

I have checked VW UK website and these options are still available so I’m wondering if they may disappear on April 1st, when the next price rise is due.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Picked up from another forum

The following options have been removed from ordering:-

LED Matrix Headlights

Illuminated Grill

Harmon Kardon Sound System

Side assist including folding door mirrors

I have checked VW UK website and these options are still available so I’m wondering if they may disappear on April 1st, when the next price rise is due.
This could be bad news since i ordered my car with literally all those options. (regarding the delays)

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
This could be bad news since i ordered my car with literally all those options. (regarding the delays)
Likewise, I just hope that they don't remove those options from the order. The GTI has already increased in my price in Poland so based on my order price I am getting a decent deal.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Likewise, I just hope that they don't remove those options from the order. The GTI has already increased in my price in Poland so based on my order price I am getting a decent deal.
I would freak out if my car came with standard LEDs and the stock sound system...

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
I would freak out if my car came with standard LEDs and the stock sound system...
I would refuse to pick it up. Now I don't know if I should sell my car after I see my new Golf or once I get the production.

Also some news I heard (at least from Poland) VW are telling people that if you order a Golf from March, you will be waiting 2 years for pick up

rhys15

I would also reject the car.

I ordered a GTD start of January, just been told it’s in Status 10 so not sure what’s happening with the factory closure.
Hopefully worth it whenever it arrives.

Golfbat

Ordered a GTE mid-January, supposedly it had a confirmed build week 23. I guess maybe it was a cancellation or something.
Either way, don’t see it happening now. Dealer has mysteriously stopped responding to emails as well…

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a GTE mid-January, supposedly it had a confirmed build week 23. I guess maybe it was a cancellation or something.
Either way, don’t see it happening now. Dealer has mysteriously stopped responding to emails as well…
My latest provisional date was mid May (ordered eTSI in August 2021), asked the dealer this week if there is a new date and they responded the dates keep changing now and didn't give me a new one, but that everything was moved back. I plan to check back in a month or so.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a Golf Style 1.5/150hp with reversing camera and winter package as optional extras in the end of june 2021. Been told week 19 as the latest provisional date-can't expect it any sooner than mid june with shipping.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
I would refuse to pick it up. Now I don't know if I should sell my car after I see my new Golf or once I get the production.

Also some news I heard (at least from Poland) VW are telling people that if you order a Golf from March, you will be waiting 2 years for pick up
Please no. I hope this doesn't affect the orders before this update. Ordered mine end of January.

DenisV

Ordered a GTE at the beginning of April 2021. First confirmation said delivery in October, then pushed to November, December and finaly the last update (in December) said I could expect delivery in April.

So the current estimate would be 53 weeks but I haven't heard anything yet and with the current situation I'm thinking it might be pushed back towards the summer.

Couldn't track my delivery on MyVW with the code I received with my order so I mailed VW and they told me the tracking functionality was disabled because it was impossible to keep track at this point.

Context: I'm from Belgium. This is a company car so ordered through leasing. Build to order, I chose some packs and options.