GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

rayaans

Ready to race!
Ordered a 1.5 eTSi DSG R Line in Kings Red with Bergamo alloys pan sunroof, winter pack, reverse camera and spare wheel yesterday.

Will add voice control and tempted to add in Harmon Kardon stereo also but wife says to get a grip. Would like keyless entry also but not at near £500.

Anyway was told potentially November or December delivery. Fingers crossed.

Had mk7 and moving back from Mercedes a200. Deals on new models of those were crazy
6 months delivery is extremely optimistic.

Ours is similar spec. 1.5eTSI dsg R-line in white with sunroof, keyless, winter pack, reverse cam, spare wheel and side assist/folding mirrors

We got told 7 months. It only arrived in the country after 18 months so I'd be prepared to wait that long despite them saying 6 months

Charger21

6 months delivery is extremely optimistic.

Ours is similar spec. 1.5eTSI dsg R-line in white with sunroof, keyless, winter pack, reverse cam, spare wheel and side assist/folding mirrors

We got told 7 months. It only arrived in the country after 18 months so I'd be prepared to wait that long despite them saying 6 months
The dealer have an allocation due at end of the year hence their optimism for Nov/Dec. If not here by January however I'll be cancelling the order

Promptly

I thought of cancelling during my promised 3 month, but actual 10 month wait. However, I did really want a Golf and cancelling my order would just affect me and my needs. The car is ordered, the dealer would just sell it on when it arrives; no effect on the dealer at all.

keith1200rs

Passed Driver's Ed
My wife got her 150 eTSi style last week after 19 months. It had a few extras such as Harman Kardon, rear camera, winter pack. Ordered October 2021.

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Soo an update. Well the good news is that documentation etc has been sorted and the car is somewhere on the way to the dealer to be inspected and registered, so delivery should be in around a fortnight, I’m told 😄 Again this is a 2021-22 car delivered in 2023. 17 months after I got my name on the order and the thick end of 2 years after the build slots were booked by the leasing company, I guess.

Trevor M

Having read through some recent posts on this thread, I am hoping that delivery times have improved significantly since the Covid and supply line problems. I ordered a Style TSI 150 estate with Tow Bar, Spare Wheel, Ventura Alloys, Winter Pack, Rear View Camera and Voice Control on 18th May; delivery date was estimated as 1st December. Has anyone else been told that the extra weight of the Tow Bar and Spare Wheel could result in an increase in the first year's Road Fund Licence to £645 instead of £255 as the emissions may be above 151 g/Km? If I can confirm this one way or another, and it reverts it, I may 'de-specify' the Spare Wheel, and / or the Tow Bar.

rayaans

Ready to race!
Having read through some recent posts on this thread, I am hoping that delivery times have improved significantly since the Covid and supply line problems. I ordered a Style TSI 150 estate with Tow Bar, Spare Wheel, Ventura Alloys, Winter Pack, Rear View Camera and Voice Control on 18th May; delivery date was estimated as 1st December. Has anyone else been told that the extra weight of the Tow Bar and Spare Wheel could result in an increase in the first year's Road Fund Licence to £645 instead of £255 as the emissions may be above 151 g/Km? If I can confirm this one way or another, and it reverts it, I may 'de-specify' the Spare Wheel, and / or the Tow Bar.
Unlikely to increase the emissions that much. Its barely any weight really

It seems to suggest about 18 months which is similar to ours

DenverPete

Discovered and been following this page for 2 months now but only posted today. (problem with email confirmation)

I ordered a GTE in mid July 21

without much equipament. Almost the basic version.

and still don´t have a confirmed date.

Was thinking the car was never gona arrive until i saw that i was not the only one. That made me feel a bit better.

I only ask my salesman near the provisional built date he said.

He gave me a provisional built date of week 17 of 2023 on Setember of 2022

Still, 20 months waiting is too much time.
I have moved to 'status 20' and the build date of week 20. That was last week. Still waiting for an update but I don't expect to see the car until mid to end of June, hopefully!!

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Meanwhile, a MK8 R PP crash in the UK today, possibly beyond repair 😩 Doesn’t look pretty from here at least 🫣 I mean, I don’t get it. These cars are now £50k with a wait up to 2 years for a new one, and there are only a few on the road due to the backlog, so why would you drive it so recklessly around busy/narrow junctions on a bank holiday? 🤦‍♂️

May have been lent to a friend or something? Then again, it’s a 72 plate, reg in October, but changed hands in March, so chances are the owner probably didn’t have to wait at all, unlike all of us. And of course, unworthy owners do tend to crash things that are a lot more expensive than this all the time 😂

Last edited:

Kops

I have moved to 'status 20' and the build date of week 20. That was last week. Still waiting for an update but I don't expect to see the car until mid to end of June, hopefully!!

---
Quote from March
ETA was week 17, so only more 2 weeks to go or so i thought:cool:

New date is week 36, so Setember.

Order made in July 2021 so ETA is 2 years and 2 months.
---

I have new update, fortunately good this time.

New date is week 28, so July.

I only be asking again late june for update.

There seems to be good news in prevision builts times in these topics. I follow a similar topic in Golf R forum.

Some are even less than 6 months, but i only be sure when there is a confirmed build date.

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: delivery next week 🙏 Insurance all sorted.

Couple of questions: what do people recommend in relation to keyless entry on this Golf? If you disable it through the car infotainment is it permanently and completely disabled? Any glitches/risks? Should the keys still be put in a faraday box as a precaution?

Also, anyone have any tips for dealing with the new MY23 piano black centre console without having to have it wrapped in PPF? Just don’t feel like it’s worth it on a lease car.

Just need to sort some rubber tyre mats and the space saver now.

Thanks guys 😁

rayaans

Ready to race!
Update: delivery next week 🙏 Insurance all sorted.

Couple of questions: what do people recommend in relation to keyless entry on this Golf? If you disable it through the car infotainment is it permanently and completely disabled? Any glitches/risks? Should the keys still be put in a faraday box as a precaution?

Also, anyone have any tips for dealing with the new MY23 piano black centre console without having to have it wrapped in PPF? Just don’t feel like it’s worth it on a lease car.

Just need to sort some rubber tyre mats and the space saver now.

Thanks guys 😁

Leave the keyless on and just get Ghost fitted. No point having keyless if it's not being used.

I'd put a good ceramic coating on the piano black

DenverPete

I am still waiting for my GTE which should have been manufactured Wk20 and expect delivery in 3/4 weeks. However I do have an Owners Manual.
I have extracted the relevant section on Deactivating the Keyless Entry , see attached. I think the temporary deactivation is self explanatory and is simply re-initiated the next time you open the car with the key open button. If you permanently Deactivate the Keyless Entry in the Info System it remains inoperable until you re-activate it within the Info System.
I would strongly advise the use of a Faraday container at least whilst the car is parked overnight. Your insurance company might prefer that also. Hope this has been helpful.

Attachments

• Keyless Access - Deactivation.pdf
    345.3 KB · Views: 48