GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Roof Rack

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Does anyone have info on that Yakima roof rack? Where to get one and what model/size? Thanks :(

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
bringing it back from the dead......... any info on the yakima roof rack? im thinking of getting one for my BMP and i wanted to know how it preforms and looks

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
The Yakima rack will run close to $300 US when you include the locks and spoiler. You MUST get the spoiler, otherwise the wind noise from the rack is unbearable--I just took one off my car. the aero rack runs even more.

VW is selling the OEM rack for 10% off right now, and it includes locks, and it is an aero rack.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
The Yakima rack will run close to $300 US when you include the locks and spoiler. You MUST get the spoiler, otherwise the wind noise from the rack is unbearable--I just took one off my car. the aero rack runs even more.

VW is selling the OEM rack for 10% off right now, and it includes locks, and it is an aero rack.

spoiler? do you mean the wind fairing? :confused:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Ah! I knew something wasn't right lol. That's way too slammed IMO. Thank God it wasn't the real deal :tongue:

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
I've personally never used a roofrack but i was wondering if these are meant to be permanently installed or can they be removed? I really only want one for winter when i go snowboarding. Does any damage occur from installing and removing?

I was wondering the same thing. Does anybody know about this? Can the roof rack be put on and taken off with ease and not leave any marks or anything? (ie, only use it during winter to hold snowboards and take it off during the spring and summer)