GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My family thinks Im crazy....

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
any chance of a cosigner?

You can learn to fix stuff, shit I have liberal arts degrees and I run and maintain 5 buildings. Quit an office job in Boston and moved back to bumfuck to take over folks places since they're 60ish now. Learning everything as I go, just tell tenants you know what you're doing and jump into it. Did recently take night classes for gas and oil heat though.

idk, hows your credit? lol maybe i will at least talk with a loan officer and see for sure before i rule this out because it is a good idea if i can pull it off (buying a home that is). i would not mind paying the mortgage as its money i would get back in the future and not simply hand over to a landlord, plus we all know with this economy if you can afford to buy, now is the time with housing prices being as low as they are.

AdvanSuper

Banned
i really wanna have as little bills as possible and few obligations so i can save for a house for the future. i dont know, maybe im dreaming but seems doable to me.

Move back in with your parents problem solved.

suberix

somewhere near Barstow
I live on a sailboat. It's the only way to live, and dirt cheap at that.

Attachments

• DSC02646.jpg
    DSC02646.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 449
  • DSC_0480.jpg
    DSC_0480.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 396

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I like running water, my stove, my grill, my dogs, my bedroom, 42" LCD, HDTV, xbox 360, a comfy pooper, ect...

I guess the boat life is just not for me.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
I live on a sailboat. It's the only way to live, and dirt cheap at that.

nice boat! what size is that? also, what unexpected expenses should someone like me be prepared for? you said its cheap, as in cheaper than a rent or mortgage payment even with maintenance costs? oh good so im not crazy (or maybe you just are too?)! how long have you been living aboard and what do you do for AC living in FL? youre on it year round?

its def. not for everyone but i think i have all the background to be a good candidate.

edit: suberix, youre not living off the hook are you? thats a bit too hardcore for me.

Last edited:

Scharf

Crockett lived on a boat.

suberix

somewhere near Barstow
nice boat! what size is that? also, what unexpected expenses should someone like me be prepared for? you said its cheap, as in cheaper than a rent or mortgage payment even with maintenance costs? oh good so im not crazy (or maybe you just are too?)! how long have you been living aboard and what do you do for AC living in FL? youre on it year round?

its def. not for everyone but i think i have all the background to be a good candidate.

edit: suberix, youre not living off the hook are you? thats a bit too hardcore for me.

It's a 1972 23 foot Morgan. Cost me 2000 dollars and sails like a champ. When I decide to sell it, I can get all my money back - or more. Boats that age and size do not devaluate if well maintained. I love living on it, but I won't hide that you have to be passionate for it to work. I technically don't live on the hook but I'm out sailing so much that I guess you could say I do. Sometimes it gets so hot the only solution is go out on the gulf where the air is cooler.
As for expenses, well... you can find live-aboard marinas and put your boat there for about 400 a month. Or you can hook the boat up somewhere for free and get a little rowboat. Once equipped, your sailboat might cost you ten bucks a week in gas, but that will be about it...
It's a wonderful way to live. You relearn the simple pleasures of life and it's good to know that whatever happens, you can jump on your boat and leave.

Hope this was helpful!

Pirate King

King of Pirates
Why get a sailboat when you can have this?

Trailer it out of the water come winter and live for free in a 24 hour Walmart parking lot til the spring thaw comes.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
^ LMAO that's awesome.

Also, as far as internet, if you have a phone that tethers, that's obviously an option, provided you have 3G coverage.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
hmm, maybe i wouldnt need as an expensive of a boat as i thought i would. thanks for the info suberix.

and pirate, thank you too. i never thought to explore the redneck floating camper option. the walmart parking lot sounds like a blast too. ty.