GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My family thinks Im crazy....

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
You know what the best day of owning a boat is?

The day you sell it. :biggrin:

I love my boat, but it sure eats into my funds on plenty of occasions. Especially during shark season!!

Pirate King

King of Pirates
but the plan is to not need gas, and find a relatively low maintenance boat and from some quick research, marinas fees in my area would be average $100 per foot per season. originally i thought i needed a 30 foot but now im thinking a 25-27ft should be efficient. so in that case $2500 would get me 8 months of dockage.

25-27 feet would be uncomfortable as hell to live on for 8 months a year. My parents own a 1979 Tartan 37 and I must say I wouldn't want to spend 8 months on it. While it would be freaking awesome to go hopping around like a bum for a year it would suck balls living in one port all year.

Their boat is almost a carbon copy of this one:

http://www.sailingtexas.com/startan37100.html

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
the marina i have my boat at, has tons of house boats.

I've never been on one before until this weekend when the manager of the marina took me onto one that that is being renovated. I have no idea what the costs associated w/ living on one might be, but these sure are awesome as fuck!

Only problem is these things look like they are built on barges. So, your going no where!

- BTW - i looked at some of those sailboat listings, where the hell do you shower? & you realize that on some of those ships, your going to sleep on top of the toilet?

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Do it! You only live once...
Around here old tripple deckers were dirt cheap after the housing market shit the bed.
'Round here tripple deckers... don't exist!

Meh. Hats off to you if you can do this, but I seriously can't be bothered to deal with most people that rent those kinds of places. At the end of the day I'd rather just go work for someone else.
- BTW - i looked at some of those sailboat listings, where the hell do you shower? & you realize that on some of those ships, your going to sleep on top of the toilet?
Yeah, because you've never woken up next to the shitter.

Living on the boat seems like an ultimate way to keep relationships short. Chicks dig it and wanna bang on the boat, then they wake up in the morning and realize how effing small the place is, leave, and never come back. Really this could be worse.

My grandfather had a 30' Pearson when I was a kid. We used to weekend on it all the time. We kids didn't really shower all weekend. The 'rents would either row in and use the marina facilities or use this solar shower thing he had. They'd set it up on the bow and just shower in swim trunks. Probably frowned upon if you live there.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
my response in red:

Do it! You only live once...AGREED

Yeah, because you've never woken up next to the shitter. touche, but being wrecked and waking up to the shitter once or twice is different than sleeping on top of it for 8 months...

Living on the boat seems like an ultimate way to keep relationships short. Chicks dig it and wanna bang on the boat, then they wake up in the morning and realize how effing small the place is, leave, and never come back. Really this could be worse. Agreed. But, how awkward do you think it is when she needs to go to the bathroom, and you lift your mattress. hahah :lol::lol:

My grandfather had a 30' Pearson when I was a kid. We used to weekend on it all the time. We kids didn't really shower all weekend. The 'rents would either row in and use the marina facilities or use this solar shower thing he had. They'd set it up on the bow and just shower in swim trunks. Probably frowned upon if you live there. my man needs to go to work monday through friday. He needs to shower every morning. this nor platic pouches aren't practical. Your boat must have a shower, or your co-workers & penis will hate you.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
lmao at the quick relation ships thing bubba. hahha i could live with that. as for the shitty shitter issue, i would prolly use the marinas shitter since i would have to clean my own shit should i choose to use the boat shitter. and there are showers there too. i know it would not be fun or easy for me not having a traditional shitter but what good is having a shitter anyway, if its never really your shitter at all? i wanna own a shitter not rent a shitter.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
..when she needs to go to the bathroom, and you lift your mattress.
Yeah. Again, because you've never done this. Riiiight.

Meh. Who the hell am I kidding? I'd never do this. I got me a 4-bedroom cape (with a 2 car attached garage and unfinished workshop.. er.. basement) and there's no way I'm giving it back! My choice of 3 hoppers to do my thing in. Full size beer cooler.. er.. fridge. And the bedroom only rocks under two circumstances, both usually involve alcohol.

When we had the big wind storm last December I showered at the mini-gym at the office a couple times. Although that sucked.