GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Design Eurojet Turboback Q&A Plus Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWDLOL

FRS T
That new exhaust is horrible. The quality has gone down a ton. Mig welded system polished after to hide all the all horibleness. Those vbands look like something a freshman autoshop would make. Wow just wow

brianjh

Not so sure why everyone seems to flame the ish out of EJ, I have had great customer service, new exhaust sounds great, performs great, and got a more then fair price. The install was a breeze, very straight forward, and the fitment was perfect. Craftsmanship and quality of product was great as well. Keep doing what your doing EJ.

FYI, I am not an engineer or tech or anything like that. I was taking a look @ unitronics new MK6 exhaust last night (here on the forum) and by looking at the pics they have posted (muffler and tips), it looks very similar to EJ's except the tag on the bottom of the muffler. In the video clip posted, the exhaust sounds very, very similar to my EJ. Just my .02

Not looking to argue with anyone here either, just stating my opinion on the exhaust I have on my car.

crew219

Banned
Silly question, and not trying to be a jerkoff. If the weld on the Vband is external, how can it be bad for flow? Unless the welds are on the inside as well. That would make sense to me, is that the case?

Turbulence from the internal lip of the pipe as well as any roughness caused by the weld.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Turbulence from the internal lip of the pipe as well as any roughness caused by the weld.

The pipes are all smooth on the inside so not an issue. I don't have a scope or capibility of flow testing but the small amount of lip if there is one would be marginal turbulence remember 3in piping so flow will still be great.

Also piping is slightly thinner which also means lighter.

Anyone on here just let me know if you want to see it, my shop is open 6 days a week.

P

plac

The tone of the old downpipe was indeed killer. Much quieter than I had expected, especially without a resonator. I feel a lot of that had to do with the thick piping.

crew219

Banned
Also piping is slightly thinner which also means lighter.

Except it'll rust or crack sooner, not to mention you'll lose more exhaust gas velocity to the cooling effect.

You never see people touting thin-wall stainless as a plus. If someone wants a lighter-weight exhaust, titanium is what they're looking for.

Dave

Larry70454

Ready to race!
The tone of the old downpipe was indeed killer. Much quieter than I had expected, especially without a resonator. I feel a lot of that had to do with the thick piping.

Except it'll rust or crack sooner, not to mention you'll lose more exhaust gas velocity to the cooling effect.

You never see people touting thin-wall stainless as a plus. If someone wants a lighter-weight exhaust, titanium is what they're looking for.

Dave

+1

Thin wall means tinny sound and increased chances of cracking/rusting.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
+1

Thin wall means tinny sound and increased chances of cracking/rusting.

Yes, I as well agree the old system was very nice and the welds were very nice and I liked the sound but there is nothing wrong with this exhaust system.

304 stainless does not rust like 400 series stainless or aluminized or mild steel. It does have the potential to stain and oxidize slightly. This is why most company's use 304 including the old Eurojet one and Borla's million mile warranty ones. 316 would be better cost would start becoming an issue.

300 series stainless also does not crack as easily as 400 series. While 304 minimum wall thickness is more that other 3XX stainless varieties .055 is plenty. I work on a very successful Grand-Am series team and we used much thinner on the cars just to reduce weight. .010 is very marginal when it comes to heat retention. Tinny sound is in the design not the wall thickness, right design with the right material will sound the way it should. For ultra thin and lightweight titanium would be the best choice if you can afford it.

This system is meant to be quality and cost effective, I am not saying it is the best or the worst on the market. Its not the cheapest or even close to the most expensive. The intention of this thread is to clear up people saying that the new one is crap, its not, but every has their own ideas on what they should buy and their own expectations. Its up to the end user to choose between price, sound, brand, etc.

I am by no means a EJ fanboy but a quality fanboy. If I though it was junk I would not feel right selling and installing it on a customers car. Also, I do not want that customer coming back day after day with issue with a product I sold them. I will be offering other systems as well in my shop more info will come soon.

kniteshift

Ready to race!
This thread can be summed up with one picture...

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I don't want to get in a pissing match here but if you want something else buy something else. There are many designs out there to choose from this is one of them.

Some fancy APR, some UR, and in this thread there is some who is very happy with the EJ one in these pictures, Uni if you have looked at their sticky is coming out with a system as well and it looks interesting as well...

P

plac

sucks but anyone associated with Eurojet is gonna have a hard time forever.. too many years of bad history. better to just invent your own brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.