GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Northern Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeDUBMKV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys im living in Wisconsin and heard that the sales taxes are lower in IL, So i was just wondering what you guys paid for your cars down there. I am thinking of buying one have herd that i can get it cheaper if i travel down south by your guys. Is this True? How much savings?

VeeDUBMKV said:
Hey guys im living in Wisconsin and heard that the sales taxes are lower in IL, So i was just wondering what you guys paid for your cars down there. I am thinking of buying one have herd that i can get it cheaper if i travel down south by your guys. Is this True? How much savings?

u can try to do that saving money thing but when the state of wisconson finds out you bought a car in illinois and you are living in wisconson you will probally have to pay the difference in sales tax between the two states. maybe iam worng but i also thought illinois had a high sales tax?

clkwrk

Wheaton, IL

Hey, what's up guys. I'm driving a UG GTI around the western suburbs and a buddy of mine lives a few blocks away with a red one. I've only seen one other gti in the month that i've had mine. Seems like they are few and far between around here.

clkwrk

well, i know i could get there pretty quick down 88. Hey, I saw a white mkv parked near wheaton college today. That's the first white one I have seen around the area. Hey Midnightthunder....did u install that boost gauge yourself? If so was it difficult, how long did it take you?

the gauge is about 200 from awe tuning. i went to this shop in orland park called "hypercision automotive" 15130 s. harlem ave. he has been doing it for 30 years and knows what he is doing. he also did my lowering springs and the forge spacer.

Walking Shade R1

in the market
Car(s)
2004 Yamaha YZF-R1
I'm from Lincolnwood. I'm in the market for a new little toy...though I have some cocerns about the GTi before I make my purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.