GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE- If you could go back in time

Would you buy the MK6 again?

• YES, superior car is superior.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • MAYBE another one, like the TDI or the R.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • NO WAY

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
I wood. I love my car and I never want to leave it. :wub:

But I also <3 the R.
And I kinda want a RWD car.
And maybe a jet ski.

zrickety

The Fixer
I think we'd all buy google and apple stocks, or create google like Lou on hot tub time machine. I was just curious, it seems like so many people gripe about their cars but apparently the majority would buy them again. I thought hard about it, there are some downsides to VW ownership but overall both of mine have been awesome cars. Having a good forum is a bonus.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I'd maybe have gone with a wrx hatch instead (new 2012) - way less depreciation. Either that or a speed3. I should have at least tested both of those, I made my purchase too quickly.

I agree, I went into my search deciding on this car.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Definitely. My Mk6 has been quite solid 4 years in, but so were my Mk4 and my 'Rocco so I expected, and so far got, the same.

In hindsight the only car I might have considered would be a JSW, either a late Mk5 with the TSI or a Mk6 with the 2.5. But my car, stock, is pretty much everything I need and want.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Definitely. My Mk6 has been quite solid 4 years in, but so were my Mk4 and my 'Rocco so I expected, and so far got, the same.

In hindsight the only car I might have considered would be a JSW, either a late Mk5 with the TSI or a Mk6 with the 2.5. But my car, stock, is pretty much everything I need and want.

i can see you with a jsw. good choice on the gti though. I wish you still had the rocco though.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

Now that they have a 1.8T wagon, it seems pretty sweet to me.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
i can see you with a jsw. good choice on the gti though. I wish you still had the rocco though.

LOL why is that?

I agree, love my GTI. No regrets.

Me too on the Scirocco. Found out the hard way it was in interference engine. :cry:

Now that they have a 1.8T wagon, it seems pretty sweet to me.

Agreed. But I'm keeping my GTI for the long haul. That's the plan anyway. Interested to see what the MkVIII has to offer. :laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
If I'm doing well and need a DD in a few years, if I went new I think it would be tuned 1.8T GSW(?) or Mazda3.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
you don't want a manual in the new 3, it is geared super duper long for fuel economy and makes it slow as fuck - it's the opposite of most other cars for whatever reason, usually they gear the manual shorter

Eh, I'd still rather have the manual, keeps the DD life entertaining. I could deal with slowness.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
it's probably slower than your miata

if I were looking for a decent and spacious DD I'd go used 2.5 5MT JSW (that is probably what I should be driving right now in truth), fuck spending $25k+ on a new commuter - the 2.5 is reliable, sounds better, and is cheap

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
No I would have bought a Passat wagon with the tsi because I kinda need a bigger car due to home ownership. If I knew I would have owned a house as soon as I did I wouldnt have picked a car the size of the GTI. Its working for now but I know my time in a small car is soon coming to an end.