GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE- If you could go back in time

Would you buy the MK6 again?

• YES, superior car is superior.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • MAYBE another one, like the TDI or the R.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • NO WAY

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wolverines_fan83

Ready to race!
Nope.

I would've spent a little more time looking into a few different things and making sure to test drive them. Probably would've ended up with an FRS/BRZ if I could've gotten a dealer around here to let me drive one. Or, could've ended up in some sort of SUV/Truck like I'm trying to get into now.

I've driven the FRS and I wasn't impressed. It wasn't as comfortable or as equipped as my MK6. Going from a turbo car to NA was also not something I wanted to do.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
I've driven the FRS and I wasn't impressed. It wasn't as comfortable or as equipped as my MK6. Going from a turbo car to NA was also not something I wanted to do.

The question was though, if we could go back and do it all over again, would we still buy the GTI. My answer was no, I would've bought something else I was looking at at the time instead.

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
You can find a decent truck under $3k, which is what we did. It mostly just sits there.

High possibility of doing that, but then if I do that, I will sell GTI for something with 2 doors rwd and a manual (fun car), because then I can daily drive a truck in the winter and drive the fun car in the summer.

Could have purchased my dads truck at the time I bought the GTI so I think if I could go back I would have purchased his truck.

All this being said when I was single living in an apartment with a tiny garage spot I can say that the GTI was perfect at the time. But the question of the thread implicates that if I could go back in time with what I know now would I do it over. and simple answer no.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
Upside down 9k on the GTI. naaaaaaagonahappen

I'm not upside down that bad, though I am still upside down in the damn thing. I knew buying a new car would suck because of depreciation, just didn't realize this car was so damn bad for it.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Eh, I put zero down on my GTI and financed for five years, I got out of it right at 32 months or so and ended up with over $2k in my pocket. GTI depreciation is no worse than average unless you bought an Autobahn or something.

BP11

Banned
Bought an autobahn brand new, wouldn't do it again. Would've sprung for the R, or maybe a b7 RS4 or something.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Yep.

Though, I would've bought the GTI first, instead of buying my 2012 Focus, then the GTI.

I'd have more posts, too.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
I once attached plywood to a Yakima roof rack. It was on my college roommate's CR-V. We were heading up to a UM tailgate, so we put the keg and food in the hatch and threw a plywood board on top to play beer pong on. Well, we're heading up I-95 to the stadium, and the board becomes a kite, and literally ripped the roof rack off of the car. Fortunately no one was behind us, but that would make me hesitant to put things like that on the roof if I was getting on the interstate.

:eek::eek:

Yea, you have to be REALLY careful how you tie it down, for sure.

McQueen77

Banned
I would have gotten my mk6 with 2 more doors and DSG and is still prob have it, owned free and clear

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Bought an autobahn brand new, wouldn't do it again. Would've sprung for the R, or maybe a b7 RS4 or something.

same here, regretted too, autobahn is worthless with useless navigation/leather, other than wheels other than detriots, i would've gotten sun/nav simply for xenons.

now w/ mk7 got the se which is basically con/sun/nav, but still has leather, but no useless nav and happy with it considering how overpriced autobahn really is on the 7.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I don't like leather seats anymore.