GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE- If you could go back in time

Would you buy the MK6 again?

• YES, superior car is superior.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • MAYBE another one, like the TDI or the R.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • NO WAY

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
it's probably slower than your miata

if I were looking for a decent and spacious DD I'd go used 2.5 5MT JSW (that is probably what I should be driving right now in truth), fuck spending $25k+ on a new commuter - the 2.5 is reliable, sounds better, and is cheap

2.5 would be a pretty good bet, an exhaust would be nice.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
It's all just speculation at this point though... Poorvette only for now.

zrickety

The Fixer
I don't see how home ownership requires a bigger car?

WAP

Go Kart Champion

This. I've owned, or co-owned houses for 29 years and only drove VW's. Never had a problem. Only had to rent a van once, for about an hour, to bring home a new bathtub. With roof racks, you can bring home drywall, plywood, shower surrounds, pretty much anything. And you can fit 8' lengths of 2x4's inside the car, with the hatch closed, not to mention almost anything from IKEA. At least I could in my "Rocco and Mk4. Haven't tried that yet in the Mk6.

Our car is just fine for home ownership.

Wykdtron

Ready to race!

I am doing a lot of Reno work and my wife and I both have small cars at this point its becoming a hassle renting a truck every time I buy wood or insulation.

And actually I really just need either a bigger vehicle or one that I could tow a small trailer with.

So again I say If knew I was gonna buy a house this soon I would have chose a different vehicle.

zrickety

The Fixer
You can find a decent truck under $3k, which is what we did. It mostly just sits there.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
This. I've owned, or co-owned houses for 29 years and only drove VW's. Never had a problem. Only had to rent a van once, for about an hour, to bring home a new bathtub. With roof racks, you can bring home drywall, plywood, shower surrounds, pretty much anything. And you can fit 8' lengths of 2x4's inside the car, with the hatch closed, not to mention almost anything from IKEA. At least I could in my "Rocco and Mk4. Haven't tried that yet in the Mk6.

Our car is just fine for home ownership.

I once attached plywood to a Yakima roof rack. It was on my college roommate's CR-V. We were heading up to a UM tailgate, so we put the keg and food in the hatch and threw a plywood board on top to play beer pong on. Well, we're heading up I-95 to the stadium, and the board becomes a kite, and literally ripped the roof rack off of the car. Fortunately no one was behind us, but that would make me hesitant to put things like that on the roof if I was getting on the interstate.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I am doing a lot of Reno work and my wife and I both have small cars at this point its becoming a hassle renting a truck every time I buy wood or insulation.

And actually I really just need either a bigger vehicle or one that I could tow a small trailer with.

So again I say If knew I was gonna buy a house this soon I would have chose a different vehicle.

Basically any car can tow a 4x8 trailer with 500-1000 lbs of crap on it, but I'm having a hard time accepting that myself. It's the reason I have the Vibe instead of an mr2 or something else more fun for daily driving.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
Nope.

I would've spent a little more time looking into a few different things and making sure to test drive them. Probably would've ended up with an FRS/BRZ if I could've gotten a dealer around here to let me drive one. Or, could've ended up in some sort of SUV/Truck like I'm trying to get into now.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Nope.

I would've spent a little more time looking into a few different things and making sure to test drive them. Probably would've ended up with an FRS/BRZ if I could've gotten a dealer around here to let me drive one. Or, could've ended up in some sort of SUV/Truck like I'm trying to get into now.

Upside down 9k on the GTI. naaaaaaagonahappen