GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor delete!

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Will it throw a code?

Nope.

what does the soundaktor even do?

Vibrates the windshield and A pillars to create an artificial engine sound.

It also creates more interior buzzes and rattles in your dash. The kazoo should be unplugged immediately.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
My dash is starting to rattle like mad when I gas it. All the stiffening has caused this, I think. Putting in engine mounts soon will make it worse, I imagine.

But I had forgotten about this damn thing. I bet that's the damn buzz I hear now. Time to kill it.

Valli666

Ready to race!
I can't believe how easy and rewarding this mod is.

I love this forum!!!

Thank you OP for this info.

:thumbup:

Jlove8128

Ready to race!

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
Just did this after about 8-9 months of ownership. Video was very helpful, as was the tip to jam the harness underneath to secure it. Thanks for that.

My 2 cents: I don't have big hands and it was still a little tricky, but got it done in about about 2-3mins. I couldn't fit my right hand straight in there underneath the rain tray, so I had my left in there and could barely grip the tab. I was able to wiggle it out slowly but surely.

Another tip- watch out that you don't remove the harness cover. I did by accident first and it was a bitch to put back on in such a confined space. It's the plastic cover piece all the way on the back. Instead just grab/wiggle the big tab that sticks out the side. You can't miss it. If you grab it from behind (tehehe) you'll just remove the cover. Don't do that!