GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor delete!

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
Did anybody else accidentally take off a plastic piece that was in that space all the way to the left when you lift up the plastic?? Its about 12+ inches long and I have no idea where it goes and it was just floating in there when I was unplugging the soundactor

The black foamy piece? Look at the drivers side, you'll see how it fits in there.

Drew113

Ready to race!
No its not the foam...its a hard plastic exactly like what you lift up to get to the sound actor...it was all the way to the left of the sound actor by the firewall

nik

Go Kart Champion
Car sounds so much more refined. Now I know why all my friends thought my gti was a diesel.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

Last edited:

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Did it today, ten mins to do and 15 to tape the damn thing up. I am pretty sure I scrapped half the skin off my Damn hands. But worth all off it in the end, because now I can here the parts I payed good money for!

6TI

Banned
Did it today, ten mins to do and 15 to tape the damn thing up. I am pretty sure I scrapped half the skin off my Damn hands. But worth all off it in the end, because now I can here the parts I payed good money for!

I was gonna bag and tape mine, but for what? No water gets in there and by the time moisture affects it, the car will no longer be mine. Good job on taping it, though.

808-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just did it about 10 minutes ago! Took the car out for a spin and it sure makes a hell of a difference! So happy I came across this thread! I'm a total car noob. :lol:

:happyanim:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Wow, it's so quiet. I thought it would be so much more subtle than that, but I can barely hear the engine on a rough highway.

Also, more "woosh" when I get into boost :D me likey

butchered by autocorrect

fredf

Go Kart Champion
As I said above, a huge thread on this a while back.....followed by 'I re-connected my Soundaktor' thread.

I'm still on the fence. I'll disconnect mine soon again and see.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
I'm selling my Soundaktor. How any of you could prefer it is not beyond me, but I will pretend it is..

nik

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if there is a VR6 soundaktor that I can swap this diesel sounding baby with...or lambo...lol