GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tattoos in the Work Place...Thoughts??

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
so what are your company's policies when it comes to tattoos? i know some places require it covered up while others dont care. im just trying to get a feel for what your opinions are and if you guys have encountered any problems.

the reason im asking is cuz im getting a rather large tattoo on my forearm and coincidently my dad emailed me this article today. he just wants me to really think about the placement and whether it is worth it or not. as of now, id have to cover it up at my current job(costco), but many people there have tattoos and they are allowed to cover it up with nike spandex sleeves...which is something im gonna have to do if i wear short sleeve shirts.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-10-30-tattoos_N.htm?se=yahoorefer&POE=click-refer

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
I HAVE to cover mine up. I worked for this company before, and then went back. My tattoos were exposed when I was 're-interviewing'. They just told me I would have to cover them up because they have a 'No exposed tattoo' policy. I have a hard time covering up the ones behind my ears, but I haven't really had too much of a problem with them saying anything about it. They specifically ordered me long sleeve polo shirts to wear. They SUCK during the summer, but are nice for winter...and for carrying extremely hot plates! People get offended by tattoos. Which, I personally think is really stupid, but to each their own. Companies want to portray a certain 'professional' image. In this day and age, tattoos are not professional.

MKVRidah36

Ready to race!
Im a corrections officer so tattoos are A-ok for me :thumbsup: . On a more professional level though, most offices will at least require you to be able to cover thm up with sleeves and so forth. Also I dont care what anybody says, having visable tattoos during a job interview will definately not reflect well on you during your interview for most jobs. Not saying im against tattoos, have a few myself, but unfortunately when it comes to the hiring process, many people will judge you by the ink on your skin so definately keep that in mind when selecting what kind of tattoo and where you are putting it.

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
how you going to let the tattoo heal if you're gonna wear a sleeve?

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
well the sleeve will be after it heals. there should be enough air getting to the tattoo if i just wear a button down.

ONGIE

Depends on the nature of the biz i guess......for me, around the office its no problem...but they do demand that the toos are completely covered when dealing with clients...my bro, who's in the building industry can display them anywhere and everywhere.....horses for courses.

NinjaNikki

Ready to race!
Im a corrections officer so tattoos are A-ok for me :thumbsup: . On a more professional level though, most offices will at least require you to be able to cover thm up with sleeves and so forth. Also I dont care what anybody says, having visable tattoos during a job interview will definately not reflect well on you during your interview for most jobs. Not saying im against tattoos, have a few myself, but unfortunately when it comes to the hiring process, many people will judge you by the ink on your skin so definately keep that in mind when selecting what kind of tattoo and where you are putting it.

You guys are allowed to display your ink? In our place of work tattos that are offensive or "gang related" must be covered. I find the gang related part really funny cuz I work in Law Enforcement...:lol:

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
my job doesn't care. my job seems to attract people in bands, which means the tattoo's are inevitable.

vdubbaby

Fast is the only way!!
I feel that if the tattoo is not offensive then it shouldn't matter if it is exposed at work or not. For example if you have a tat of a completly naked woman on your forearm then you should cover it. BUT if you only have a design or an animal (fish, cat, dog, etc.) it really shouldn't matter.

Eric1285

Ready to race!
When I bought my GTI, my salesman was wearing a short sleeved shirt that exposed a couple tattoos. I don't really care, but I did think it was somewhat unprofessional. The other couple of times I've seen him he's always had a shirt and tie on to cover it up.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
i work at sams club and they could give 2 shits about tattoos. they dont say anything about my stretched ears either