GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Test Drove: Mini Cooper S, 06 BMW M3 SMG, 335CI

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
oh yeah! new M-Coupe is awesome , my father in law has one, he let me track it. But not a good family car (for me). Car looks like $ex IMO.

The Mini C S I drove was REALLY slow but it was a automatic and convertible. It did have paddle shifters tho, but still a slush box.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
if it's between the MCS, M3 and 335, I'd definitely go with the M3 or 335.

M3 is better out of the box for handling and slightly edges the 335 in performance.

If you chip the 335, you'll be pulling on M3s, but you'll have to upgrade the suspension to stay ahead of them in the corners.

Check out e46fanatics.com about the M3 and e90fanatics.com for the 335i.

...umm HAWT

bsosa69

Go Kart Champion
The 335i should still have at least 350hp out of the box. And obviously this car won't perform as well as an M out of the box, but BMW could always just make the new M significantly more powerful. And yes the M has better suspension, transmission, etc. The M is also more of a sports car/track car as well.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
I test drove the 335. It's a great car, but the new m3 will cost 48K msrp/invoice. I'm better off getting that instead of a fully loaded 335ci, which will run me 50k.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Personally I like the 04-05 M3's more than the new ones in terms of styling, obviously the new one is probably ridiculous fun to drive though. I drove an '05 M3 'vert today with the SMG (I think? It was the weird auto anyway with the paddles) and that thing was a blast in itself. It's amazing just how much better being pushed around as opposed to pulled around really makes a massive difference.