GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The beauty of drive by wire

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, I would hate that too...if I had a clutch. Since I am DSG my left foot is now always ready to stomp on the brake if needed. No unintended acceleration here. My gas pedal is fairly consistent now: gently away from stops and from then on the Sprint quickened response is nice. Plus, I can turn it off instantly with the tethered controller button if needed (ice, rain, slippery).

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Nice intake and some exhaust work helps eliminate this. or just driving in manual/sport mode.

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Nice intake and some exhaust work helps eliminate this. or just driving in manual/sport mode.

Agreed. I pretty much always drive my DSG in manual mode, so the only 'Automatic' functions it does are the clutching functions. I have always had sticks till this GTI, so I drive it just like a stick with steering wheel mounted shift levers.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion

Eliminate what? the pedal response time? I took this video yesterday, I have a carbonio intake and catless downpipe and well it doesn't help. I don't think physical stuff will have an effect to it. It's how it's all programmed, digitally. Now if you talk about lag as in spooling time that's different.

Last edited:

SE-TYPE-R-Bam!

Ready to race!
the car shouldn't have a dead zone in the throttle.

this is a problem i think. it is completely unsafe, and scary that you need a sprint booster to fix it.

Heretic:GTI

Ready to race!
I was intrigued after watching this so I had to go try it. My car does not do that. It does lag slightly but it does rev. I've never had any scary issues with throttle application... Knock on wood

Just my .02¢

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
I've experienced this almost as bad as shown in the vid...

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I was intrigued after watching this so I had to go try it. My car does not do that. It does lag slightly but it does rev. I've never had any scary issues with throttle application... Knock on wood

Just my .02¢

Was about to say the same. I've never noticed THAT much lag in the car...

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
i seriously have none of these issue and I have everything done but a bigger turbo and intercooler and Im dsg. Hope you get it worked out. I was wondering about that supersprint thing but to me it seems like it just makes the pedal more sensitive and for 300 bucks I'd take a skid plate first....and a whole lot of other things.

heartcoke

Ready to race!
Mine sure as hell doesn't do this lol.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Or a TB alignment.

Sprintbooster doesn't go to eleven. :)

Alex.

Ready to race!
I definitely wouldn't want that on my car. It just behaves so erratically. Sometimes on first gear (MT) I push the pedal a liiiitle bit and it surges forward like a rebel horse. Sometimes I push it like in the video and nothing happens. f*kng computers :mad0259: (both of these when the car is barely advancing, when driving at the minimum speed allowed on 1st gear). Seriously the other day I almost crash into somebody, it was a small hill going into a shopping mall, cars were in line, instead of riding the clutch I just kept it on first and kept advancing, cars moved and i gave it a little gas, the car advanced like crazy and I had to stomp on the brakes.

Yeah, sometimes a little gas will give an initial snap forward, more than if you were floor it.

Justinjor

Ready to race!
My car does the EXACT thing chapusin describes here. If I"m trying to baby it out of the parking lot and i'm barely on the throttle, the car will lurch forward as if i revved it to 4k and dropped the clutch. My fiance always looks at me like "what was that for?" but I just say "sorry hunny, it's the car." I need to schedule my initial 90 inspection and this is just one more thing on the list of issues. (wind noise in the drivers door, alignment being off, ipod cable broken, and a couple others)