GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The beauty of drive by wire

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
woahhhhh mine isnt nearly as bad. mine is only when im in M mode (DSG) and in first gear.. other than that there is no dead zone

PyroBob

I'm in.
On MKV's you could reset the throttle's adaptation very easily...don't remember how for sure...something about holding the pedal down for 3 seconds before starting the car...you can probably find it on the vortex...see if it works on the MKVI, and if that has any effect.

That's the most likely reason I could see that everyone's is different.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
For what its worth, my car does this as well. Its my biggest issue with the car.

I think most tunes are supposed to fix it. I know APR has said their tune will help eliminate this dead zone. GIAC has said the same thing, they changed the pedal's response to make it touchier.

I DO NOT think its a bad throttle position sensor. BOTH manual GTIs I test drove did this exact thing. As did my friend's 2009 with a TSI motor.

There was a thread a while back that discussed this heavily. APR came in and said that its some sort of "feature" built into the ecu. So they know about it. GIAC said to me in an email that they worked extensively to get rid of this lag, it was one of the main things they focused on their tune. So the tuners know about it and can fix it.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Mine definitely does this. I don't know if it's just my head, but I think I've found that it seems to behave differently depending on the state of the transmission. In neutral (manual), it behaves like the video... approximately the same in severity.

When in gear (driving, pulling away, etc.), it's much less severe, but you can tell that it's doing that if you had just previously driven another car. Otherwise you just get used to it. Personally I don't have really have a problem with it and I think it sort of helps me drive smoother anyway. My brother recently got a Mazda mazdaspeed 3 and it's at least 5 times harder to drive that thing smoothly as compared to the GTI.

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Sprint Booster...

What is a sprint booster?

Sprint Booster is a plug-in electronic device (at the gas pedal) that increases the sensitivity of the gas pedal. Totally eliminates the "lagyness" of the the gas pedal to throttle response. I have one and love it. New SB's have two different settings. Ones good for around town the other for the freeway. Can also be turned off at the touch of a button.

Ref: http://www.sprintboostersales.com/index.htm

heartcoke

Ready to race!
edit: whoops thread already exists

Last edited: