GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The College Thread

ewgrosschris

Ready to race!
Any engineering majors here? I've been thinking really hard about what order I should be taking classes. (I'm talking core classes). I went to a transfer fair yesterday, and alot of the talk was about not being core complete and leaving alot of the easier BS classes to take with the Serious engineering courses in the final semesters.

Honestly I'm still not entirely sure on how the college system works here in the US haha.

09vdubgti

Banned
Any engineering majors here? I've been thinking really hard about what order I should be taking classes. (I'm talking core classes). I went to a transfer fair yesterday, and alot of the talk was about not being core complete and leaving alot of the easier BS classes to take with the Serious engineering courses in the final semesters.

Honestly I'm still not entirely sure on how the college system works here in the US haha

Rage, party, sex, and then study the night before the final.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
general advise. First time taking it since middle school, I'm 22 now.

Go to class and volunteer to speak as much as possible, you can't learn to speak without practice.

Honestly I'm still not entirely sure on how the college system works here in the US haha.

Take classes early that are pre-requisites for later classes. The BS they're talking about are the random classes you have to take like literature and whatnot - those are more easily pushed off to later years since you don't need them for anything else.

For most engineering you'll want to get to differential equations and physics quickly, then get into engineering courses.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
My classes for my very last spring semester,

Mon: 4PM-7:15PM
Tues: 11:30AM- 3:45PM
Wed: 4PM-7:15PM
Thurs: 11:30AM- 3:45PM

That includes the class I'm a TA for, pretty happy considering I got the classes I want, afternoons only, avoid traffic by being at school during it or leaving before it, and everything is upper division.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Totally misread the due date on 2 assignments, thought one was due Sunday that wasn't due until the middle of March and another one this week that wasn't due until next.

Medina_III

Passed Driver's Ed
Im taking really tough classes like outdoor doodling, and intro to walking around..101

koinfamous2

Passed Driver's Ed
Any go to Adelphi? (garden City, NY) I've seen a few gti around campus.