GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Senna going to Williams is very cool. It's poetic or ironic, or something like that to think he'll be driving for the same team his uncle last drove for.

Anyone heard any more detail about this variable ride height thing Lotus got approved? It doesn't sound as crazy as the old Williams active system. It sounds like when the brake is pressed the ride height is adjusted (up I would think?) Then when the pedal is released it goes back to normal. I'm sure Newey already had it drawn up on a cocktail napkin somewhere and Red Bull is hard at work.

How about the fact that Jensen will get the first crack at the new car in testing for McLaren? Maybe Button is gaining some ground on his team mate?

And how about Ferrari's first chasis failing the crash test, I guess they passed on the 2nd attempt, but still very un Ferrari like. How long does Massa have to do something this season before he's out?

..... a lot has been going on.
1st week of Feb we see some new rides.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Heres how the ride height thing works:

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
On a side note...

Hotels in Austin are out of control! The one's left are all way on the North side of town. All that is available is Days Inn, Red Roof etc. Even those are 3-4 hundred a night! The embassy suites had rooms for 570 a night! Haven't checked rental cars yet...that should be interesting too.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Not really F1 related...well kinda. I heard that several Indy teams were testing this week at Sebring International Raceway. I work sort of near there so I went down to have a look Monday and Tuesday. Rubens Barrichello was there driving with KV Racing. Tuesday had several more cars out. Here are some pictures I took.

My Tumblr

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Aww lucky. How do the new Indy cars sound?

Nice. Not quite as jaw dropping as an F1 car! Even maxed out they really didn't have a whiney sound, just smooth. One thing I seemed to notice was it sounded like they really rumbled alot between shifts. Not sure if the drivers were not getting back on the throttle quickly (it was the first day for some) or what. But there was a noticable "pop" / backfire / fire should be shooting out of the tail pipe sound between a lot of shifts. The first day I was in the middle of what is essentially a double apex right hander. They would have time to up shift once before getting into the second turn, and it seemed like there was a lot more noise than normal in shifts. Maybe the exhausts they were running just made it more noticeable, or maybe because it was easy to hear a single car at a time that brought it out. Just seemed like it was more noticable than I had heard before.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Meanwhile in Italy.....

Too much snow for Ferrari to debut their car
500x_supercarsnow-300x225.jpg

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
The Ferrari looks like it was built with Lego's! It's cool looking, we'll see! Force India is pretty crzy looking too. McLaren is definately the prettiest girl at the ball so far.

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
The Ferrari looks like it was built with Lego's! It's cool looking, we'll see! Force India is pretty crzy looking too. McLaren is definately the prettiest girl at the ball so far.

hahaha, the Ferrari definitely looks like a Lego car. It's oddly square, and yet still attractive.

Interested to see how much the new Pirelli offerings are going to help.

drew0622

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in Houston....still have my fingers crossed about the Austin race. My brother who lives there says the workers are back after a short hiatus, laying down pavement.

Any word on tickets? Not to jump the gun.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Any word on tickets? Not to jump the gun.

So far I have gotten 2 emails about putting deposits down for seat licenses. I was hoping they weren't going to go that way...but they are. Essentially, they want 1 hundred now, whichs puts you on a list so you can give them 1-5K for each license. That gives you access to tickets for all events there for 10 years. This is only for the start / finsih grandstands, which are "luxury seating" Food and Bev brought to your seat etc. There has been no other info on other seating or GA tickets.

Red Bull Launch Today!!!!!!!!!!!!