1676582273085.png

1676582285994.png

1676582294075.png

1676582343058.png

1676582380849.png

1676582396610.png

torga

Autocross Champion

home and away colors? or they running different liveries for each driver? i'm seeing #10 and #31 simultaneously on both the pink and pink/blue cars. dunno if intentional, or if the person doing the renders missed that detail. pink as #10 on the nose and #31 on the rear, and pink/blue has that flipped.

hans611

Lost
Pink livery is for the first 3 races... did did something similar last year when BWT was downgraded from title sponsor and Racing Point turned to Alpine... but they still wanted to have the pink for at least a few races...

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
home and away colors? or they running different liveries for each driver? i'm seeing #10 and #31 simultaneously on both the pink and pink/blue cars. dunno if intentional, or if the person doing the renders missed that detail. pink as #10 on the nose and #31 on the rear, and pink/blue has that flipped.
different paint schemes per driver(aside from very very minor trim differences) is stupidly illegal in formula one :(

that's why this existed.
1676639809072.png

when this is how they were supposed to have run
1676639878369.png

torga

Autocross Champion
ahhh yes, the zipper car

Thumper

Autocross Champion
edit: I dont think they will get that much smaller though, we wont see F1 cars with 3.1m wheelbases I think bc the aero gains from having the longer car and the improved high speed stability, plus the longer car lets them better distribute the powertrain components for weight distribution, center of gravity, etc...

They are beating the lap records still, even with ~200kg+ more thanks to the way way better aero design advancements and high speed corners, but it sucks to see them struggle in the low speed stuff.

Yeah, don't forget another reason for the growing cars......they have two powerplants now, got to have room to put the battery and the electric motor AND balance it all in the car.

I agree, sad to see the slow speed stuff suffer, at a certain point they will have to cut the really twisty tracks and it'll be like NASCAR with a couple extra turns.

it still is mostly naked carbon. i wonder if there's some kinda reg saying that the car needs a minimum amount of paint. minimum square footage, maybe.

i think Merc has the least paint of anyone so far. but I haven't been pixel peeping, just going by memory.

Makes sense, Hamilton probably thinks he can get an extra .1 second from the weight savings skipping the paint. ;)

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Yeah, don't forget another reason for the growing cars......they have two powerplants now, got to have room to put the battery and the electric motor AND balance it all in the car.

I agree, sad to see the slow speed stuff suffer, at a certain point they will have to cut the really twisty tracks and it'll be like NASCAR with a couple extra turns.

Makes sense, Hamilton probably thinks he can get an extra .1 second from the weight savings skipping the paint. ;)
TBF series that nearly exclusively race on tracks with only wide sweeping corners rule.

Look up Argentina's Turismo Carretera.

hans611

Lost
We are going full circle... 100 years ago, that's how all the track where...

1920s Spanish track "Sitges" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autódromo_de_Sitges-Terramar

1930s German track "AVUS-Rennen" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVUS

Not to mention the original Monza circuit... its still there, clean up the old overgrown vegetation, she's good to go!

(You can race these cars and these tracks in Asseto Corsa, its a ton of fun if you have a triple screen or VR, all free mods)

hans611

Lost
A large majority of the best mods are all free really... but yeah, I have a bunch of paid mods as well, mostly from Race Sim Studio, but they are all a few $ each....

mwoodski

Autocross Champion

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Aston is reporting their car is 12kg under the minimum weight limit w/ driver, that's impressive. I'm curious how over/under the different manufacturers are.

Also, we finally have on track action, and a bunch of unrepresentative times to look forward to tomorrow. (y)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I don't know what it is, and maybe its just me, but I have not been this un-excited for a season to start ever lol.
Just another season of the Max and Lewis show? Can't even root for my boy Seb anymore either...

hans611

Lost
All I wanted was someone else to win... and now that they did... and then won again...

Now I want someone else to win.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I don't know what it is, and maybe its just me, but I have not been this un-excited for a season to start ever lol.
Just another season of the Max and Lewis show? Can't even root for my boy Seb anymore either...
At least the Horner and Toto show is entertaining. 🤷‍♂️