GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

hans611

Lost

Gasly is a solid driver.... both are actually highly rated, they are a decent pairing but Gasly should come out on top, considering he is a "GP winner" and has had a better Junior career.... Gasly won a GP2 championship while Ocon "only" won a GP3....

Lets see how it plays out, their on track character is very similar, extremely stubborn, would-never-yield type of racers... so its nice when two immovable forces like that are paired as teammates.

Outside the car, Gasly is more likeable and can finesse the press better though, but he needs to keep the radio chatter to the min

1677175878799.png

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I personally think Gasly is a better driver, but they both have deserving wins. Shall be interesting.

This is funny, AM has f1technical.net open, looking at RB's car details. I never would have guessed they used that site, but it makes sense, it's a super active forum for F1. Pretty cool place to get lost for a few hours.

hans611

Lost
Thats true Ocon won last year! I was totally forgetting that... both lucky wins, maybe Ocon's had a bit more, with the help from Alonso actively blocking, Gasly's was more a right place right time sort of deal....

But yeah, I also think Gasly has more of a natural talent, but maybe Ocon could be a more complete package, at least right now, he doesnt become despare and panic like Gasly does a lot....

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Gasly definitely lucked into a great position in Monza, but he also did a great job keeping a charging Sainz behind to get the win.

Ocon kept Vettel behind him basically the whole race and obviously had Nando keeping Ham behind him for what felt like an eternity.

torga

Autocross Champion
More top 3 comparisons. I love that there are 3 different philosophies at the front.

awesome comparisons!! Merc's rear wing is very unique. and all 3 front wings are so different from each other

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Merc either has that big ass wing for correlating data.... or they have issues generating floor related downforce compared to RB/Ferrari and we are in for a continuation of 2022.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
For the top element, definitely, but the bottom is chonky. They're basically running last years high DF wing right now.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Netflix: Has a story about Max being a cunt.
Max: I’ll only be in it if you don’t make me look bad
Netflix: Throw that segment out

Haven’t watched it yet but am going to this week.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I've got 7 episodes watched so far and nothing new, or they're just not showing (behind the scenes) as much this year.

The episodes are a lot shorter too....only 30-40 minutes versus the ~ 1hr of previous seasons

The bigger "stars" aren't on the show, or talk, that much either....which is kinda lame, but it's always been that way. (like Max and Lewis; Vettel doesn't talk much either)
I think Horner talks the most (like prior seasons), honestly.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
What Netflix/DTS did with the 2021 season was absolute hot garbage and I have no hope for any future season. The only thing I watch it for is the banter and convos we don't normally see due to all the media/PR bs.... mainly Steiner cussing every other word and Toto v Spendy-spice.