GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone attend Monza? Scheduled to be in Milan for work the week of, and thinking of extending the trip out for race weekend…
Booked my stay & grabbed a 3-day ticket this morning. Excited to say the least, even if last year was a reported shitshow.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Booked my stay & grabbed a 3-day ticket this morning. Excited to say the least, even if last year was a reported shitshow.
That's awesome. I've been to 3 races but nothing over seas. I gotta make this happen. Not sure what race I would do tho 🤔

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Merc's stroopwafel GP track maps, 2022 vs 2023. Pretty much useless in terms of accuracy. I'd like to see real qualifying data done in the same style, and/or with other teams.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Watching FP2 currently.

The line these guys are taking through T3 is messing with my head a little. Might be a combination of the TV camera angle, how banked the turn is, and I think there's an undulation at the braking zone/entry. Seems like their entry positioning is mid-track and then they're letting the car ride up the bank to the outside of the track.

I'm not a smart man, Jennay, and I've only ever gone go-karting, but that seems odd to me. Granted it's FP2 so maybe they're checking out different lines, buuuuuuuut still.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
i know yall dont watch nascar but they do stuff like that all the time.

you'll have one guy ripping the top and someone else running the bottom, the car on the bottom gets into the corner deeper and is taking the shorter path around the corner but because of the need to slow down more the car on top tends to get the better run out and down the straight and will pass the car that ran the bottom.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I understand that part... but if you're gonna take the top line for higher speed, why enter the turn mid-track instead of on the outside?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
i know yall dont watch nascar but they do stuff like that all the time.

you'll have one guy ripping the top and someone else running the bottom, the car on the bottom gets into the corner deeper and is taking the shorter path around the corner but because of the need to slow down more the car on top tends to get the better run out and down the straight and will pass the car that ran the bottom.
Ross Chastain likes to run the high line. :ROFLMAO:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Good race, albeit the usual outcome, all based on strategies

yep, strategies really shined today (or really didn't shine, poor Norris). was still falling asleep towards the end, i will not lie. maybe that's on me for starting the race at 9:30pm