GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I wasn't expecting much from this race so I'm pleasantly surprised there was plenty of action. Just a couple observations.
Wtf was Hamilton thinking?
How about Russell cooling his hands on top of the steering wheel at 200mph?!
Bye Logan Sargent. We hardly knew ye
I think the call from McLaren to hold positions with 10 laps to go was a little premature. I wanted to see them race. (If Lando could even catch Oscar)
I foresee trouble between the drivers at McLaren soon.
I'm sick of hearing "track limits."
And McLaren is now 11pts behind Aston.
Looking forward to Austin
Perfectly said, no notes.

When Sargent went out I turned to my S/O and said, "Jos would never allow this shit"

Bad enough he can't stop crashing, now he's too weak to make it through a race every other driver who didn't crash and could start thier car was able to finish? Bye Felicia.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
John Deere announces 2024 F1 sponsorship.
Fixed it for you
1000011572.png

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
I’m sure it’s been discussed in here. The more I read about the race the more I feel it shouldn’t have happened. This list doesn’t talk about Fernando complaining about being burned or stroll actually passing out behind the wheel. Lando said several drivers got treated after the race. Sargeant I believe did actually suffer from a heat stroke. Theres no reasons to be running races with the potential for this many heat related problems. Someone could have died. If F1 is just going to ignore all the human rights issues and run these tracks anyways… then at least schedule them properly.

Edit - Looks like DT beat me to the screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_7949.png
    IMG_7949.png
    292.8 KB · Views: 64

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Norris working his way up to 5th was impressive. Especially after the horrible restart for him. Good to see Dani Ric grabbing his first points of the year. The Perez crash was all his own fault.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
The F1 section of ESPN's website is such a letdown. "TV Schedule" is still listing dates and times for Mexico, with 45 minutes to go before Brazil FP1.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Welp no sprint race for me today. I'm in NJ on Xfinity. I get to watch the "shootout" but not the sprint? On any channel?! 😡 guess I'll be washing my car and changing oil and filter 🤷🏻‍♂️

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Martin is doing his best to defend Fernando. Funny how we can watch the same incident and see two different things. I put the majority of the collision on Fernando.
And is AlphaTauri going to catch Williams in the Constructors? Sure looks like it. That's millions more in prize money. (I'm looking for storylines that keep me invested haha)
And congrats to Lando and McLaren!

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Martin is doing his best to defend Fernando. Funny how we can watch the same incident and see two different things. I put the majority of the collision on Fernando.
And is AlphaTauri going to catch Williams in the Constructors? Sure looks like it. That's millions more in prize money. (I'm looking for storylines that keep me invested haha)
And congrats to Lando and McLaren!
They showed the incident about a dozen times on the F1 TV broadcast and my lowly opinion is that it doesn’t happen if Ocon doesn’t grab too much curb. Even if Alonso is over another whole meter I’d bet that Ocon hits him, even if Fernando could have left a little more space.

I think they made the right decision by calling it a racing incident. I would strongly disagree that Alonso was at fault even if he could have decreased the chance of contact by leaving more space.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
They showed the incident about a dozen times on the F1 TV broadcast and my lowly opinion is that it doesn’t happen if Ocon doesn’t grab too much curb. Even if Alonso is over another whole meter I’d bet that Ocon hits him, even if Fernando could have left a little more space.

I think they made the right decision by calling it a racing incident. I would strongly disagree that Alonso was at fault even if he could have decreased the chance of contact by leaving more space.
I don't lay all the blame on Alonso and I'm no fan of Ocon. But by the comments I've read everywhere I'm the only one saying Alonso did play a part in this. Ocon and Alonso dont and didn't get along so well. I think Alonso was trying to be cute when he cut the wheel left to give Ocon a scare. In other words, he fukt around and found out 😂 bet Fernando doesn't do it again with Ocon on a Quali lap. Bet he gives him plenty of space next time

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Lando is now ahead of both Ferrari drivers in points. Ouch 😳 😂