GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I'm probably going to buy my first handgun for my birthday as a present to myself and I will pick up an AR lower at the same time.

another person building their AR i see. i dunno, i looked into it..looks confusing and off the shelf built AR prices are really good right now

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
another person building their AR i see. i dunno, i looked into it..looks confusing and off the shelf built AR prices are really good right now

I'm just going to build the lower(really easy. It's just a grown up lego kit) and buy a complete upper from BCM.

The problem with an off the shelf AR for me is that no one carries one with the specs I want.

Trainwreck

Ready to race!
I just picked up my silencerco octane 9mm can today. mailed my form 7/20/14 approved 12/09/14. Now I need to get a barrel for my g17.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I really want to pickup a Sig P238 =(
I have an odd fascination with sub-compact/pocket pistols...

barische

Go Kart Champion

Stripped lower for bad day fund

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Question guys,

Been looking at an AR. Currently have a S&W 15-22 that I love, and am leaning towards getting its big bro. The only issue is, I dont feel like spending more than maybe $600-700 and all the S&W's have the fixed front sight in that range.

Now I have never built an AR before, but from what I understand, the front sight it built into the top of the gas block that routes it back to the piston and allows the gun to cycle. If this is the case, is there anything preventing me from replacing this with a flat top block, thus giving me a free field of vision if i went with an aftermarket optic?

Thanks for chiming in