GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Edit: did a quick search and it does in fact look like they completely split, leaving only a few employees behind to Texas and Wyoming...glad they stuck to their guns when the threatened CO to leave...then back peddeled and now looks like followed through

Yeah, they flipped the bird and moved out. Fully support and applaud them for it. Not that the governor cared about the jobs he drove out. He's a piece of work. Stood in front of the Sherrif's Association and said he never should have signed those stupid bills................then when the video of that hits the internet, he gets mad and says....wait for it......."I never would have said those things if I knew I was being recorded....." Can't believe that moron got re-elected.

And now he is going to veto the bill being passed in the CO Senate and House repealing that ban.

Your not allowed to have 30rd mags, or you just can't buy them any longer?

You can no longer buy new magazines (legally), if you purchased them prior to the ban you are still allowed to have them. Which is all fine and good until one of your currently "legal" 30 rounders breaks or wears out, can't replace it. And then of course, who believes the next step isn't to ban them completely?

But then off course, how do you tell if a magazine is "prior" to the ban? :D

Thank god our Sheriff's have their heads screwed on straight and refuse to enforce (how would you?) his little magazine ban.

Sadly, the spread of people wanting to tell everyone else how to live, what to eat, what to think has grown and exploded. Things that the average person doesn't think much of today would have shocked and appalled people from just 20-30 years ago. Could you imagine someone in 1985 being told they couldn't wear a shirt with the American flag on it to school? Or being called a racist because you don't like taco's? LMAO

It's now a war, not a battle, and it's never going to end. Win one fight, lose two, then win again, repeat.......that's the plan of those opposed to freedom.

Eh,

ANYWAY.....lol

Anyone have experience with Uberti? Been looking at their blackpowder replica stuff. The look of a historical gun, with the convenience of modern cartridges.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
^^^wonder how that NcStar light is going to hold up to some actual recoil, they seem pretty pricey for that brand...for another $20 bucks more could of picked up a streamlight or surefire

similiar to car parts, buy once cry once...streamlight and surefire are the staple for a reason, however, cant bash a WML i have no exp with, so interested to see how this thing holds up over a course of say 4k rounds..

now get some training or take a class that applies the practical use of a WML!!! Many more tactics and principles at play when introducing a WML to a gun that many people do not realize...

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Anyone have a strobe attachment on their compacts? I just cant see a practical use for it..if its a dark room your eyes would be victim to the strobing light as well id imagine.

I do not currently use one on my compact, but have one in the safe, thought about doing an attachment for the shottie, or the AR since it's got a full rail system there is plenty of room for a forward grip, laser, and tac-light w/strobe.

The strobe affect will cause some aim issues as if you've ever seen one in a club ect you know it causes people to look like they are jumping through time. Depends on the pulse of the strobe. You will lose your darkvision a little but will not be blinded.

However, the disorientation on the other end, for those looking right at the light is immense. Heck, if you're lucky, you could even cause a seizure in the threat. They will be blinded and even when looking away will have spots and shadows in their vision.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Yeah i was skeptical, did a good amount of research. Its price is low cause its either a laser or a flashlight and not both. Its also not as compact as some of the other brands but reliability seems to fine with ncstar in all the reviews ive seen . Laser stays sighted correctly, no light flicker etc. Unlike some of the other brands this one uses a battery thats much easier to find in stores and is cheaper to buy. Light for the house, laser for the range so i dont have to shoot at 25 feet like everyone else lol. Shouldve mentioned before its a green laser as well which is always nice.

TLDR: range scene points

Also one of the more aesthetically pleasing sub compact lights for the price, sits even nicer on a 17.

Keep us updated on the performance of these things, could be a good reference to others looking at a budget light in the future.

evolintent

Ready to race!
Very interesting, good point about the spots in their vision thats probably the best case ive seen for strobes. Wouldnt that be something, give an intruder a seizure . oh wow
That would make for a fun 911 call "can you send over a squad car to pick this asshole up he is starting to drool on my floor"

Thumper

Autocross Champion
:lol::lol::lol:

i mean its like at that point do you help the guy or do you let him do his thing ya know? And if he gets back up do you put the strobe back on? :iono:

Right? :laugh:

Depends on the situation technically, if he's in my house he's getting cuffed and trussed until the cops arrive to haul his/her happy ass off to jail.

On the street, well I don't normally carry cuffs with me :D and I'm not using deadly force if the lunatic disobeys and runs. So then just wait for the cops and give them his description and direction.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Finally got my upper today, and got my lower built last night. Can't wait to get home and stick it together :D

Anderson Complete Upper with Primary Arms Micro Dot and Primary Arms Lower 1/3 Cowitness Microdot Riser, got it on sale for $350:

Lower is a Spikes Tactical Lower Parts kit, UTG 6 position stock, and a Spikes Tactical Zombie Lower (STLS011):

Also have this grip on the way:

And hopefully a Zombie killer charging handle, depending on which one I decide to go with.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
congratulations, you are the equivalent of putting autozone shit on your car.

Awww, such caring words :wub:

Spikes Tactical lowers are quality pieces, their lower parts kit are just as good, and Magpul MOE grips are also much better than a plain ass A2. Just cause you don't like the way it looks, doesn't mean it's "Autozone shit", you just don't like the way it looks. Good thing it's not your gun :middlefinger:

Last edited: