GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wagner Tuning Intercooler

Dave 2.5

Ready to race!
Nice to see some options emerging.

https://wagner-tuning.3dcartstores.com/Competition-Intercooler-Kit-VW-Golf-7-GTIR_p_105.html

l

Dave 2.5

Ready to race!
Looks like a nice piece; however, I'm not familiar with Wagner Tuning. Will need to do some more research on their product offerings and history.

"Engineered in Germany" but based in CA? Dave, you familiar with this company?

Found this link to their main website in Germany:

http://www.wagnertuning.com/en/index.php

No, not affiliated. Just a random find. Looks nice but I don't know anything about them.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Interesting. Bear in mind these are just the outer measures (or am I mistaken here?):

640 x 410 x 65 mm³ = 17 l
650 x 425 x 50 mm³ = 13.8 l

Hope I did the math right. What about stock GTI and R ?

crew219

Banned
Looks like a nice piece; however, I'm not familiar with Wagner Tuning. Will need to do some more research on their product offerings and history.

"Engineered in Germany" but based in CA? Dave, you familiar with this company?

Found this link to their main website in Germany:

http://www.wagnertuning.com/en/index.php

The CA address is just for distribution purposes.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. Bear in mind these are just the outer measures (or am I mistaken here?):

640 x 410 x 65 mm³ = 17 l
650 x 425 x 50 mm³ = 13.8 l

Hope I did the math right. What about stock GTI and R ?

Bruce, I had the same calcs and would surmise that Wagner would provide the best performance. In addition, they mention they used flow analysis simulations during their design process to optimize internal airflow. Not to sure how Forge approached their design.

nal

Ready to race!
i have actually ordered mine,now waiting for it to arrive. there is a back log of orders for their intercooler currently

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
i have actually ordered mine,now waiting for it to arrive. there is a back log of orders for their intercooler currently

Excellent! What is the estimated time to arrive?

Do you have the equipment to read and post pre install and post install temperature numbers?

Last edited:

nal

Ready to race!
it's supposed to arrive sometime this month.i think the dyno workshop will only show power and torque characteristics,not sure about the other data,care to advise?My plan is to dyno stock,then remap with stock intercooler,then remap with wagner, after that with after market full exhaust.It will be done progressively.I will only be getting my car on feb 11th

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
it's supposed to arrive sometime this month.i think the dyno workshop will only show power and torque characteristics,not sure about the other data,care to advise?My plan is to dyno stock,then remap with stock intercooler,then remap with wagner, after that with after market full exhaust.It will be done progressively.I will only be getting my car on feb 11th

Your current plan sounds great; I would only add while doing each of your dyno runs, to have your techs log the intake charge temperatures along with engine rpm. Similar to the following:

This should give us a good comparison between stock vs. aftermarket intercooler. I'd suggest you follow the same test sequence and record the ambient temperatures too.

Last edited: