GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waiting For My GTD - share the pain

NathanToonn

Scrap that just scrolled up and got the answers!Yours was the same build week as mine.
I suppose it all comes down to dealer allocations etc.
or is it just luck of the draw kinda thing ?

Meringueboy

Scrap that just scrolled up and got the answers!Yours was the same build week as mine.
I suppose it all comes down to dealer allocations etc.
or is it just luck of the draw kinda thing ?

To me it seems like it's luck of the draw once built. How quick it gets on a ship, then clears customs, then getting on a transporter to dealer. Then there's the dreaded DVLA wait for the tax

Jamie

mon2s

Ready to race!
Then there's the dreaded DVLA wait for the tax

Jamie

That's definitely not a hold up - its done online and is immediately taxed and the car is generally released without a tax disc. It can be driven without one as a new vehicle. It gets posted to you.

NathanToonn

Tracker hasn't been working for me all day today. So reliable... Not to mention I had a 3rd duplicate text saying my car has only just left the factory ? (5a) which I got the first 16/5/14 , second 27/05/14 and today. You can understand my confusion !

Ian2

Passed Driver's Ed
Tracker has been down for me too today. Hoping the car is more reliable than the tracker.

Meringueboy

That's definitely not a hold up - its done online and is immediately taxed and the car is generally released without a tax disc. It can be driven without one as a new vehicle. It gets posted to you.

*GTD*

You are correct it shouldn't be a hold up but unfortunately as the car is not mine (contract hired) I have to follow some different rules. They will not release the car until the tax disc is physically in the car!

I have read a few posts on here of similar with certain dealers even if you are buying the car outright, it seems the new DVLA rules on taxing a vehicle can be inturpreted in different ways and some dealers are airing on the cautious side and not releasing the car until they get the actual tax disc

Meringueboy

Car arrived at my dealer yesterday. Tracker still at 5a left factory, in transit. Bottom line. Don't use it lol. Pick up car Thursday !!

That's when mines being delivered aswell! We are so close but this next few days are going to drag!

Meringueboy

Lucky guys! What stage does your tracker say you're at, Meringueboy?

Last time I checked (which was after the dealer rang me on Tuesday to say it was there and just waiting for tax) it still said arrived in the uk, haven't bothered looking since

Jacko76

At the dealers

Good to see things are moving and a couple of you are receiving your cars this week.

Just taken a Voicemail myself, guess what's just been unloaded at the dealers this afternoon...:D
Not got a collection date as of yet, will call the dealer in the morning.

Will check the tracker later on. Full website appeared to be down this afternoon.

Jacko76

GTD at home

Collected today from the dealers. Love the blue cover treatment.
Big Big Thank you to everybody at JCT600 Hull, special mention to Gareth and Andrew.
Huge Grin driving home.:D

Ordered 17th April
Build 23th May
Drive Home: 12th June

Now working out the toys....

Have you guys got yours?

Golf GTD Mk7 5 door, Manual, Carbon Grey

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed
Collected today from the dealers. Love the blue cover treatment.
Big Big Thank you to everybody at JCT600 Hull, special mention to Gareth and Andrew.
Huge Grin driving home.:D

Great news :D congrats!

Your wait is over on the day that mine has just begun :(

I'm sure the time will just fly by uh ? I think? Guys ? :confused:

NathanToonn

Betraying the diesel.

Interesting to read back on this thread I started two years on lol...
How is the GTD life?.
As a big diesel fan I'm breaking the rules and taking delivery of an R in a weeks time.
Absolutely adore my GTD but its just not an R.
Two cons ive already discovered ... obviously much less MPG. 185 quid road tax.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Interesting to read back on this thread I started two years on lol...
How is the GTD life?.
As a big diesel fan I'm breaking the rules and taking delivery of an R in a weeks time.
Absolutely adore my GTD but its just not an R.
Two cons ive already discovered ... obviously much less MPG. 185 quid road tax.

I still have an itch that needs scratching but the extra running costs & road tax, means I will never own one:mad:

The best of both worlds was to get my GTD remapped & It really was a game changer for me. Real world performance was amazing & I doubt the R would match the GTD for a frugal performance diesel.

I'm sure you will enjoy your R.

All the best,

Rappy:cool: