GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

We Connect now My Volkswagen?

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I have just been notified that after nearly three years of We Connect it will soon be no longer available and I should go the the App Store and download My Volkswagen. This I have done. The layout is different but much the same information is available. Have I received this information because my We Connect subscription is about to expire or is everyone being encouraged to go over to My Volkswagen? No mention of or what it will cost to continue with this useful connection service.

electroasd

I received the same notification. Indeed both apps have the same information, except for My Volkswagen has more about electric cars ( if you have one ).

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Got the same. I think the new app is better in my opinion. Even added a widget on my iPhone to check how much fuel there is in my mk8 :LOL:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Got the same. I think the new app is better in my opinion. Even added a widget on my iPhone to check how much fuel there is in my mk8 :LOL:
How old is your Golf. Will you have to pay a subscription for My Volkswagen when your warranty expires. If so, how much? I can’t find any information on this issue.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
I got it early July this year. My free We Connect Plus ends July 2026. I think the data plans are shown in the cubic telecom website.

electroasd

To be honest new app has some issues. For example the functionality to send destinations or create a trip is not very friendly.

electroasd

I haven't worked out how to do that with the new VW app yet.

Let me write the steps :
1. Open VW App
2. Click on the bottom the middle icon to go to maps
3. On the top right side there is a search button
4. Click it and search for something
5. When you find it on the bottom you are having 2 options : A) to send it somewhere B) to create a route
6. For A you can send it to car or to your map application for example google maps or apple maps
7. For B you can create a more complicated route and again send it to car or external map application

A few more things:
When you send the destination to car , in the car there is a notification to create a route that will delete the destination when you reach it or save the destination.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I got it early July this year. My free We Connect Plus ends July 2026. I think the data plans are shown in the cubic telecom website.
If I have to pay around £10/month to Cubic Telecom so I can continue to get We Connect Plus/My Volkswagen I won’t bother. I don’t pay that much to use my mobile phone with Three.

Arky

A step backwards in my view. I cant access Auxilliary ventilation in the new app. Every previous journey is shown in 'All Trips' as 163.4 miles regardless of distance actually driven. Shows dates along the bottom and no clue as to month.
The app also requires vision somewhat younger than mine to read the tiny font on my phone.

Lot of work to do on it VW. I'm sometimes wary of my car's software when they cock up even a phone app. Not happy.

tos

Go Kart Champion
Auxilary heating and ventilation will come someday.
I called them because winter is coming soon and we need to use Webasto.

PTro

Let me write the steps :
1. Open VW App
2. Click on the bottom the middle icon to go to maps
3. On the top right side there is a search button
4. Click it and search for something
5. When you find it on the bottom you are having 2 options : A) to send it somewhere B) to create a route
6. For A you can send it to car or to your map application for example google maps or apple maps
7. For B you can create a more complicated route and again send it to car or external map application

A few more things:
When you send the destination to car , in the car there is a notification to create a route that will delete the destination when you reach it or save the destination.
I can only sent it to google maps or apple maps. Not to the car.

Arky

Auxilary heating and ventilation will come someday.
I called them because winter is coming soon and we need to use Webasto.
Why the hell bring out a half baked app that doesn't perform all the functions in our vehicles? Pay extra for a winter package that I can't use?

And now won't display any vehicle usage data. Shows an Error. What rubbish this app is!

Last edited:
Reactions: tos