GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

We Connect now My Volkswagen?

tos

Go Kart Champion

Heating works :)

Arky

Yes! latest update has got the heating back on. But still no Driving data (just get error messages) and lots of other stuff from WeConnect that's no longer available.
But a glimmer of hope that VW are on the case.

Interesting that the more they fix My Volkswagen app, the more it looks just like WeConnect.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
My car was 3 years old on the 20th October. That evening both WeConnect and My Volkswagen was turned off. It will cost £129 a year to turn it back on. I will not bother.

Arky

My car was 3 years old on the 20th October. That evening both WeConnect and My Volkswagen was turned off. It will cost £129 a year to turn it back on. I will not bother.
Happened to me last year with my Mk7.5. No sooner had I paid for another year and some low lifes stole the car.

even had a struggle with VW Finance to get them to refund the service remaining on my plan. 'Our terms allow you to transfer it to the new owner, but not a refund'
Right! I got it :)

Arky

I am having the same issue! I had the climate in the new APP, then it disappeared. In the old app is there...

I am having the APP with version 2.19.1. May I ask you which version are you using ?
I’m on 2.19.1 as well. Heating/ entilation still operating.
I’ve tried emailing vw but all get returned undelivered. I think this is my last VW after five in a row.

electroasd

I’m on 2.19.1 as well. Heating/ entilation still operating.
I’ve tried emailing vw but all get returned undelivered. I think this is my last VW after five in a row.
I was thinking also to send an email, but since you tried, I might skip it...

I am using We Connect services for about 4 years, without any issue. But now with MK8 and new APP I can see issues...

tos

Go Kart Champion
I am having the same issue! I had the climate in the new APP, then it disappeared. In the old app is there...

I am having the APP with version 2.19.1. May I ask you which version are you using ?
This is 3.0.36 (android). I will not updated itself, I have to remove old one at first.

Arky

With the new 2.19.1 update my climate functions are gone. I have sent an email but still no reply.

View attachment 294396
Departure times should give access to auxiliary heating/ventilation. works on mine.

Do you get any information from Driving Data? I just get error messages.

The email VW give in the App store doesn't work. My emails are returned undelivered.

electroasd

Excatly, departure time is a workaround to make it work, but that not solving the issue.

Also the Driving Data are working for me. It redirect to the Website , which for me it is not very friendly , but it is working

Arky

Excatly, departure time is a workaround to make it work, but that not solving the issue.

Also the Driving Data are working for me. It redirect to the Website , which for me it is not very friendly , but it is working
I think we all agree this app needs a really thorough overhaul before WeConnect is turned off. It really is rubbish. As is the fact that VW publish an email address that can’t be contacted.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
VW has just emailed to offer me a 12 month subscription to WeConnect Plus for £109, reduced from £129. Still about £100 too expensive. Since I gather WeConnect is being scrapped this month why didn’t they mention MyVolkswagen?

Last edited:

Woody123

Yes! latest update has got the heating back on. But still no Driving data (just get error messages) and lots of other stuff from WeConnect that's no longer available.
But a glimmer of hope that VW are on the case.

Interesting that the more they fix My Volkswagen app, the more it looks just like WeConnect.
I have same issue with the new app. Driving data link gives a coding error. {"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"Mismatching redirection URI"} Yet the We Connect app,is working ok. Not looking forward to them switching We Connect off this week. They need to keep it running till new app is sorted.