GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
It only came on mk5 / early mk6 and was replaced with the soundakator. Soundakator is actually a small mechanical unit under the rain cowl that is designed to send vibrations and sound through the windshield. Most people disconnect it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So you mean to tell me you that long hose is just a big nothing that only goes to the soundactor???? Really?? And you can just cap it off with that??
Y'all are so smart. More info please........... :cool:
The soundaktor replaced the noise pipe.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
View attachment 176376
The inspection tech looking at Jay’s highly modified GTI like:
haha this time was some 18 year old kid running the test and he didn't say anything and didn't even notice my car. I mean they don't really do anything, just plug into the odbii port and wait for the results.

Last time I had to test the guy laughed at me as soon as I pulled it in and gave my car an exaggerated look over then asked "uh you really think this thing is going to pass huh?"

I just smiled and said "yep, it's stock" When he handed me the form stating I passed he shook his head and said congrats

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
It only came on mk5 / early mk6 and was replaced with the soundakator. Soundakator is actually a small mechanical unit under the rain cowl that is designed to send vibrations and sound through the windshield. Most people disconnect it.
The soundaktor replaced the noise pipe.

Thanks, gents. I thought this was something I had somehow overlooked, then I realized it was an earlier iteration of the MK6. My '14 doesn't have it, just the soundactor. I've usually got music or news blaring, so don't notice the soundactor or care about it.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car sounds better with the soundaktor disconnected. You can hear more turbo noise. You can disconnect it by hand under the rain cowl or disable it in VCDS if you ever feel like giving it a try.

torga

Autocross Champion
Passed IL emissions...k04, catless 🤫
Just run straight pineapple juice for a week and it's fine.

installed maxton spoiler extension and strafe designs diffuser
Oh wow, I didn't realize the Maxton extension had that cut-out in the middle. I really like that.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Got the ole HF buffer out. Did some dings. Came out good. Took a pic of the b-pillars before and after:

PDPritz

Go Kart Newbie
Just run straight pineapple juice for a week and it's fine.

Oh wow, I didn't realize the Maxton extension had that cut-out in the middle. I really like that.
Yeahh it’s a nice if you want a subtle look. I was looking into An FSP spoiler too but you need to drill into the factory spoiler. Attached a pic of what it looks like

Attachments

• 3D0364B7-A708-4BDA-B0F2-1E3A5E4A1058.jpeg
    3D0364B7-A708-4BDA-B0F2-1E3A5E4A1058.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 203

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Car sounds better with the soundaktor disconnected. You can hear more turbo noise. You can disconnect it by hand under the rain cowl or disable it in VCDS if you ever feel like giving it a try.
My understanding is you can't disable it by vcds on the MK6.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
My understanding is you can't disable it by vcds on the MK6.
Oh you might be right. Im thinking of my mk7.

/edit

yeah you right. here is my obdeleven for my mk7. it has the soundaktor in the app section so you can disable it.

mk6 doesnt have the option.