GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
79FD8E3A-052F-45F4-A73E-84A8A18FD26E.jpeg
I couldn’t take my car being dirty any more, sprained MCL or not. I just did a thorough ONR wash and took it out for some fresh pictures before I go to bed. I got some good stuff.

Phur

Autocross Champion
1591889819434.jpeg

1591889886980.jpeg
1591890026749.jpeg
1591889940548.jpeg

No filters and no editing yet.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Y'all ever messed around with DA polishing? I bought the stuff to do it back last year, wanted to do it to the Saab before selling it, and never got around to it. There's a couple of scuffs/marks I could probably take out.
I like to think of myself as a weekend warrior detailer. Have had great success with a DA and products like 3D Speed AIO and Griots Garage BOSS.

Take your time and let the product do the work. Then set aside the next day for your back to recover.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I do a two day detail on mine once a year. Polish is one of the MANY steps. Why? Do you have questions?

My plan is to follow a guide I found on Reddit. I'd track it down and link it but I'm at work at the moment. "Getting Started into DA Polishing" ... it talks about polishing in a 1.5x1.5 ft square at a time. That seems like small bites; is the purpose here to make sure that you don't end up over-polishing sections?

I like to think of myself as a weekend warrior detailer. Have had great success with a DA and products like 3D Speed AIO and Griots Garage BOSS.

Take your time and let the product do the work. Then set aside the next day for your back to recover.

How many beers do I need to set aside for the job?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
New shade
Damn that shit looks air tight! I use some shitty walmart unversal shade and i b asically just smash it into the front window put the visors down and walk away, it looks like shit.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Damn that shit looks air tight! I use some shitty walmart unversal shade and i b asically just smash it into the front window put the visors down and walk away, it looks like shit.

Almost, it has just enough gaps to make it come out easily. I just fold it up and stick it behind the passenger seat. Haha I know about those walmart ones, this def costs more. $60 on amazon and I didn't use prime, ordered it last Friday.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Almost, it has just enough gaps to make it come out easily. I just fold it up and stick it behind the passenger seat. Haha I know about those walmart ones, this def costs more. $60 on amazon and I didn't use prime, ordered it last Friday.

It looks like it fits like my weathertech, but folds instead of rolls. The rolling and unrolling makes the weathertech look kinda ugly imo

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Same boat except I got mine as a hand-me-down. Have to hook a strap up around one of the visors to keep it up. Think I just need to make a bigger cutout for the mirror

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I installed the upgraded RKX diaphragm. Nice quality. Glad it comes with a new cap because I absolutely obliterated the old one removing it. I reused the old spring because they say it is preferable to do that if you can. Did you guys reused your old spring? It wasnt damaged and had plenty of tension.

Car feels great.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Protip: if your strut won‘t fully insert into the spindle, gentle persuasion with a 3 lb sledge will do the trick. Use the sledge on a flat part on the underside of the spindle, not on the strut.

Ball joints are in. All that‘s left are the new brake lines and toe adjustment.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I installed the upgraded RKX diaphragm. Nice quality. Glad it comes with a new cap because I absolutely obliterated the old one removing it. I reused the old spring because they say it is preferable to do that if you can. Did you guys reused your old spring? It wasnt damaged and had plenty of tension.

Car feels great.

Did that when I first got the car and can't remember. If that is what the instructions said then I probably reused it. Car had like 42k on it.