GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What next after stage 2?

jeter1

Best thing I've done since stage II was getting summer tires. Huge difference. Then again I live in Florida so I can rock em year round.. Also though I did get a new coil pack. No noticeable difference but good to do for engine wear and super easy to do yourself + not too expensive.

Up next for me is aesthetics. Just order two rolls of vinyl and some special tools. Getting creative with it here shortly.

For suspension though I'd highly recommend the HR Sports. It's just over a 1 inch drop and the ride quality is close to factory. Also did 10 and 15 mm spaces.

Yea I want to get tires but winters coming up here in Maryland I'll just wait until spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeter1

After Stage 2, I toyed with the idea of a K04, but then realized that I really wanted something RWD, preferably with a V8. I'd also consider something with AWD, and possibly the Golf R, but I'm done adding power to my GTI because the road just doesn't hold the level I have now very well.

I think the ko4 would be a good idea but I was also thinking is it worth the money...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
What tires did you get? It seems like the best thing for stage 2 is to get tires to put the torque down in 1st-2nd gear.

Tires and motor mounts are the 2 most important things you can do if you want more usable power.

034 street density motor and trans mounts with a dogbone insert is perfect for a daily driver. I've heard good things about the 034 dogbone insert too, but I don't have any experience with it.

As for tires it depends on what you want to spend. Michelin pilot super sports are hard to beat. Cheaper options would be like continental extremecontact dw or hankook ventus v12 evo2.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Tires/Springs/Struts/hatchbrace/Wheels/Protune!/fmic etc etc etc

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Tires and motor mounts are the 2 most important things you can do if you want more usable power.

034 street density motor and trans mounts with a dogbone insert is perfect for a daily driver. I've heard good things about the 034 dogbone insert too, but I don't have any experience with it.

As for tires it depends on what you want to spend. Michelin pilot super sports are hard to beat. Cheaper options would be like continental extremecontact dw or hankook ventus v12 evo2.
This! Motor/Trans/Dogbone are my next upgrade!

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
I went the cheaper route on tires.. but it paid off!

225/40ZR-18 SUMITOMO HTR Z III XL - ordered on tirerack for about 100 each and they arrived the next day.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
What tires did you get? It seems like the best thing for stage 2 is to get tires to put the torque down in 1st-2nd gear.

I'd recommend these Federal 595 RS-R I just picked up a week or two ago. Cheap price but perform amazing! You can really hammer 1st and 2nd gear down with no problem. You could even launch control at 4K rpms and be fine. I know I do it a lot when I race. I paid like about 400ish at my buddies tire shop in la habra, I see you're around Anaheim hills?

We could always meet up if you'd like so you can test drive my car [emoji4][emoji1417]

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Continental Extreme Contact DW tires.

My local discount tire has them for 118 a piece(before Fees) a set of 4 installed is like $530

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
I'd recommend these Federal 595 RS-R I just picked up a week or two ago. Cheap price but perform amazing! You can really hammer 1st and 2nd gear down with no problem. You could even launch control at 4K rpms and be fine. I know I do it a lot when I race. I paid like about 400ish at my buddies tire shop in la habra, I see you're around Anaheim hills?

We could always meet up if you'd like so you can test drive my car [emoji4][emoji1417]

We for sure have to meet up sometime! I've been looking at the RS-R's for the past month and they will be next tire when I get some extra cash and my cheapo tires wear down.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
We for sure have to meet up sometime! I've been looking at the RS-R's for the past month and they will be next tire when I get some extra cash and my cheapo tires wear down.

Yea great tires for the price, definitely pm me whenever. I'm going to metric in Huntington Beach around 4 today if you want to meet up later

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Yea great tires for the price, definitely pm me whenever. I'm going to metric in Huntington Beach around 4 today if you want to meet up later

Won't be able to make it out today, will PM you.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
I think the ko4 would be a good idea but I was also thinking is it worth the money...

Yes, yes it is.

tonymk6

Ready to race!
That is a ridiculously good deal considering how good of tires those are.

Plus continental is doing a $70 rebate on a set of tires :D I just mounted mine today.